Another modern survival tactic

This goes along with smashing your phone.

Since the big box stores (and Obamacare) are juicy targets for hackers looking for your goodies here is how you stop them. Buy yourself some rechargable pre-paid credit cards in $50 increments. Use them for your purchases and if someone hacks the information the most that they can get is what is left of $50. When it's empty, charge it back up. If you have a good provider who trusts you these can be used as currency. There is a number to confirm the balance on the back of the card.
Or just use cash...
This goes along with smashing your phone.

Since the big box stores (and Obamacare) are juicy targets for hackers looking for your goodies here is how you stop them. Buy yourself some rechargable pre-paid credit cards in $50 increments. Use them for your purchases and if someone hacks the information the most that they can get is what is left of $50. When it's empty, charge it back up. If you have a good provider who trusts you these can be used as currency. There is a number to confirm the balance on the back of the card. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The Admiral at his Doomsday Prepper compound.....
Attached Images File Type: jpg jpdoomsday1-popup.jpg (93.9 KB, 16 views)
Yes, or use cash but this is for those people who don't like to carry cash.

FYI, if this was a dooms day prepper thing then you would be carrying gold or a brace of live chickens. Noticed that you capitalized Doomsday like the show. Didn't know you were a fan Timmie.
Or just use cash... Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I'm returning to cash. More the pain in the ass security features than the hackers. The banks are the filthy thieves in all this. Having to reset all auto payments and cards online, fucking bullshit. It's like the prison scam, tell the newbie big fat Otto is gonna fuck your ass but hey, I can protect you for a carton of smokes a week. Of course Otto gets only two packs, because the sly talker is the true dirtbag.

I've never had a fraudulent charge, but Chase keeps claiming I might have.