How Sick Of These Pop Ups Are You ?

These things are getting way out of hand . When I try to get my PM's I'm having to try three times every time to get my messages . Who thinks it's time we let the owners know what we think of them ? Well lets see what the results look like , then I'll address them with the results .
  • Trey
  • 12-13-2012, 07:37 PM
They know its annoying they just don't give a shit it makes them money.
I fully understand that but I'm betting if every member payed 5.00 annual dues , that the revenue would exceed that of what they are recieving for banner ads and pop ups . If that were done 140,000 members 5 each would be 745,000 per year , I'd be interested to know how much they are actually getting to annoy their members ?
Not that much annoyance really. They don't happen very often to me. Pretty seldom, actually. Not that hard to navigate to the X in the upper right corner and click. Usually it's gone before I ever see any content.

When you consider the value that this site offers, especially from the point of view of some of us old-timers who had to navigate a lot of scam artists for that rare opportunity to actually get some action ...

I can handle a few pop-ups.
Wonder if it makes a difference what browser you use? I'm usually on Google Chrome. What are you on, Rockerrick?
I can honestly say that it has cut my browsing time on the site in half or more. It has always been easy enough for me to get rid of the eccie window if someone walks up unexpectedly. Now though, with popups often back to back.... I don't get on the site if there is a chance someone might walk in.
I can honestly say that it has cut my browsing time on the site in half or more. It has always been easy enough for me to get rid of the eccie window if someone walks up unexpectedly. Now though, with popups often back to back.... I don't get on the site if there is a chance someone might walk in. Originally Posted by Whispers
In half? High-decibel laughter, because my experience has been in the 1 to 2 percent range at best. Again, what browser are y'all using? I mean, I feel your pain, but I just haven't experienced anything like that.
Hmmm. I've never had a popup appear on this site to the best of my recollection.

I didn't participate in the poll because there wasn't an "I've never had one and don't know what the hell you're talking about" option.

Maybe it's because I paid my $5.
Hmmm. I've never had a popup appear on this site to the best of my recollection.

I didn't participate in the poll because there wasn't an "I've never had one and don't know what the hell you're talking about" option.

Maybe it's because I paid my $5. Originally Posted by Ben There
You could always vote "Doesn't bother me" because it obviously hasn't. I'm a paid member too, and with review credit on top of that. Maybe that's a factor.

There's obviously a lot of variation in people's perceived annoyance factor. Maybe there is a mod amongst us who can shed some light on the subject.
The problem is documented in a variety of forums.... it's not new.... and probably nothing will come of it....

but it is a legitimate issue....

browsing ECCIE was problem free for a long time and lately very problematic.....
I am using Google Chrome also Paid for Premium Access still keep getting the BLOODY D--M popups.....Am looking for another site to move to with out the crap I don't want to f--k with!!
Yeah, this site's search engine is abysmal. So I'm getting kind of impatient with all of the old-timers saying, do your research, and it's been documented elsewhere. If you have some facts, give us some links. Or better yet, show us how to make the search engine hum.

A lot of you old-timers with your superior attitude: you're like drunks who use a lamp post more for support than for illumination.

It sure wasn't like this in the ASPD days. People were helpful then. Now it's like every man for himself, except that that's not the way men behave. That's the way that children behave.
Wonder if it makes a difference what browser you use? I'm usually on Google Chrome. What are you on, Rockerrick? Originally Posted by ozmosys
Safari with apple 6.0 iOS .
And yes hitting the x to close not that difficult . Well that is till that fucking Slixia pain in the ass that does it over and over and over !
I just turn on my pop-up blocker on and no more pop-up's.

Rocker
I've never had any popups myself. Although occasionally the side ads become un-minimized. Pop-up blocker is a nice feature of some browsers...