Slow motherfuckers in the left hand lane

Or the people on the service road who don't yield to exiting traffic on the freeway when they have a sign prior to the merging exiting lane that reads Yield to exiting traffic.
Some fuckers don't understand the 4-way stop. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an AS YOU ARRIVE process. If you're not sure who got there first (both of you stop at about the same time), one of you can flash your lights to give the other the go ahead.

IF I flash first, don't flash me back saying, 'no, you go'. This makes me want to get out of my car, violently yank you out of yours and kick your ass. Don't respond to my courtesy with your fucking courtesy. Just go, dipshit!! I've already solved the dilemma.

Overly courteous D-bags belong here, too. They fuck up the flow of traffic by not going when it's their turn. If I'm in a difficult situation (i.e. packed traffic with long lines behind you), yes, thanks for letting me go through [appreciative wave]. But, if it's just me and you (I'm making a left turn, you coming forward, going opposite, for example) and no one's behind you, your courtesy isn't really needed at this point. In fairness, this one can be because one may be habitually courteous, so it isn't as bad. This is more of a nitpicky complaint, but at times it can be a bit annoying.
WHen I took Driver's Education in High School in the early 80's, I still remember at the stop signs is always the person to your right goes first if you all pretty much arrive at the same time.

Page 23:

http://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/DL-7.pdf
WHen I took Driver's Education in High School in the early 80's, I still remember at the stop signs is always the person to your right goes first if you all pretty much arrive at the same time.

Page 23:

http://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/DL-7.pdf Originally Posted by CG2014
+1. Its so simple if someone is on your right then wait. If they are on your left go. So many people cannot get this simple rule. And yes it is the rule and the law I dont care if you're flashing your lights I am waiting if you are on my right.
If you arrive at the same time, across from each other, and let's say both of you are making a left turn??

But then, what about when it's built up (long lines from all 4 directions), and who arrives first loses distinction?? Or maybe it's narrowed down to 2 cars (arriving first and second). It gets to a point where someone has to say, Ok, I'll yield to you (flash headlights).

You take my courtesy AND YOU'LL FUCKING LIKE IT.

If not, you start pissing off everyone else behind us, and you become THAT GUY.

Don't be a dipshit and just go already.
double post.

Page 23:

http://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/DL-7.pdf Originally Posted by CG2014

Yeah, sure, maybe. But when you start losing track (i.e. busy in all 4 directions...and thus, everyone has someone to their right.....but not everyone is going to the right), somebody has to take the high road and allow things to clean up.
I have been driving for almost 40 years.

I have never once flashed the headlights of my vehicle at anyone at an intersection controlled by stop sign(s) or by traffic signals.
Somebody said it the dump ass that pulls up behind you real close when you are going 5-10 over the limit and you being nice pull over to let them by----- then you get behind them and THEY SLOW DOWN , WFT and you pass again and they do the same thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once you pull to the right and they pass you, they are supposed to go back to the right lane.

The left lane is for passing another vehicle and then pulling back into the right lane.

Even if someone is on the left lane going over the speed limit and not holding up any traffic behind them, the left lane is not for perpertually staying in and passing one car after another.
  • Crock
  • 07-09-2018, 09:49 AM
If you arrive at the same time, across from each other, and let's say both of you are making a left turn??

But then, what about when it's built up (long lines from all 4 directions), and who arrives first loses distinction?? Or maybe it's narrowed down to 2 cars (arriving first and second). It gets to a point where someone has to say, Ok, I'll yield to you (flash headlights).

You take my courtesy AND YOU'LL FUCKING LIKE IT.

If not, you start pissing off everyone else behind us, and you become THAT GUY.

Don't be a dipshit and just go already. Originally Posted by Randall Creed
I can't tell if you're joking about the flashing headlights thing or not. Four way stops are easy. There's never a time that you have to flash headlights to yield to someone. If you're doing that, you might be the one breaking the law (failure to take right of way).

The only time you should be flashing your lights as a courtesy is to indicate a speed trap, or to remind someone to turn on their headlights.
No, I'm not fucking joking. I don't know what 4-way stops you all go through, but my entire life, they've not gone perfectly many times. Someone takes someone else's turn, or someone else (maybe a new driver, or mentally slow....or just old) takes their sweet time going through. Whatever the case may be, it doesn't maintain the normal ebb and flow. Then other drivers start getting impatient, and it worsens a bit.

I've too seen too many times where someone loses track of who's turn it is. This usually happens when a couple left turns happen. While someone's being crossed over on on said left hand turn, they may get skipped. Now they're pissed, and may feel inclined to bust through the intersection, while someone else is going through (who may not give a shit about the guy who's been skipped).

Now, this doesn't happen every single time I'm in a four-way, but in 30 years of driving, I've seen it happen more than a few times.
No, I'm not fucking joking. I don't know what 4-way stops you all go through, but my entire life, they've not gone perfectly many times. Someone takes someone else's turn, or someone else (maybe a new driver, or mentally slow....or just old) takes their sweet time going through. Whatever the case may be, it doesn't maintain the normal ebb and flow. Then other drivers start getting impatient, and it worsens a bit.

I've too seen too many times where someone loses track of who's turn it is. This usually happens when a couple left turns happen. While someone's being crossed over on on said left hand turn, they may get skipped. Now they're pissed, and may feel inclined to bust through the intersection, while someone else is going through (who may not give a shit about the guy who's been skipped).

Now, this doesn't happen every single time I'm in a four-way, but in 30 years of driving, I've seen it happen more than a few times. Originally Posted by Randall Creed
Yes, 4 way stops cause huge headaches at times. Why is it so damn difficult for some folks?

How about traffic circles? Oh my lordt! I. Can't. Even.
I just stay in left lane in their way if they pull that shit.
Post above was a response to this.
Somebody said it the dump ass that pulls up behind you real close when you are going 5-10 over the limit and you being nice pull over to let them by----- then you get behind them and THEY SLOW DOWN , WFT and you pass again and they do the same thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by rexdutchman