Provider Ads--What Pulls You In or Pushes You Away?

When you access the ads what gets your attention?

IS iT aN Ad ThaT'S TyPeD LikE THiS?
One that's cleverly phrased?
Do you look for a graphic description or what's in store?
Does a subtle touch catch your interest?
Do you need a pic or two of the goodies to lure you in?
Can the ad be too verbose?
Do you move on if she doesn't have a showcase?
Kinda beating this topic up from all angles lately, but I'll bite.

A pic or two - not pic after pic after pic
Short and sweet text. See Chelsea Simms or Jules jaguar's latest
Don't try to impress with mixed case or special characters. ASCII art can be cool - but not in ads (especially titles - if there I go no farther )
Want to link a review or two? Great. I don't want the whole (or an overabundance) list (Jamie young comes to mind here. I like what I see but they're just too darned long)
Showcase is kind of a must.

My #1 draw to looking at (and even FOR) ads - posts outside of ads.

But that's just me.
1. Rates - don't tell me to see your web site. I'll move to another ad.

2. Incall location - I don't know why all these Arlington and FTW girls put ads in the Dallas category. Also, don't make me contact you for your approx incall location.

3. "North Dallas" has become too broad. It seems to include everything from Uptown to Frisco. Addison, High 5, DNT/Keller Springs, 190/75, 190/Preston are all examples of an approx location.

4. Weekend lineup category is for providers AVAILABLE on the weekend.

5. Amen on a few pictures. I really want to see Berk sometime but the 20+ pics should be in a gallery or yahoo group, not in the body of the ad.

6. Smartphone access - Lots of us use smartphones. The longer it takes to load, the less likely I'll wait.

7. Amen to comments about f'ed up fonts or wild use of caps. If u want us middle-aged 6 digit income hobbyists, dont try to communicate to us like we're thugs.

8. If you're CBJ only, find another line of work or advertise it.

9. Consider P411 discounts. I don't understand why a provider wont trade security and no hassle ok's for a few bucks. Is it really worth it to make $25-$50 more for chasing down 2 references?

10. Consider adding an hour for marginal extra $$. $300/2 hours seems fair. The hobbyist gets some real F2F time, realistic intimacy and the provider gets more total $$ than otherwise. For a single appt.

My $0.02 worth.
I'll Second EVERYTHING and the order of what Bobster36 said....
Gotta go against the flow with pics being on yahoo. The second I'm presented with a login screen I bail. If I'm interested enough AFTER seeing what's on this site I may follow links on their profile to P411 or their site, but I don't Yahoo I don't care who ya are.
When you access the ads what gets your attention?

IS iT aN Ad ThaT'S TyPeD LikE THiS?
One that's cleverly phrased?
Do you look for a graphic description or what's in store?
Does a subtle touch catch your interest?
Do you need a pic or two of the goodies to lure you in?
Can the ad be too verbose?
Do you move on if she doesn't have a showcase? Originally Posted by txcwby6
What I am amazed at is the business model. You are selling a product yet you are never available or get back to your client base. But what do I know...just 23 years experience around the world.
1) Good Rates breakdown... Clever services/rates ideas

2) Pics to Rates to Services ratio.

3) Quality of pics

4) Creativity of ad is a far 4th place, I don't really care much what its like.
Real untouched pics
Pulls me in -

(1) Clean, simple text. A photo or two that is not a butt shot.

(2) Link to a P411 page - I gave up on trying to maintain reference years ago.

(3) Screening requirements mentioned - All good providers screen their clients.

(4) An advertisement that is _not_ on Backpages or Craig's List.

Pushes me away -

(1) Low rates - quality doesn't come cheap. Also, I don't want to stand in line behind a dozen other guys.

(2) Ads that are too sexually suggestive - every great provider that I have known has been discreet.

(3) Photos that look too professional and retouched.

(4) Photos that look like digitized copies of old film-based photos.

(5) ECCIE or other board membership accepted as screening. - WTF? Screening through an anonymous identity that is easy to obtain?

(6) An advertisement that is on Backpages or Craig's List.
Poor grammar doesn't necessarily turn me off, but a well worded ad (along with a photo that is pleasing to my personal tastes) will almost invariably put the provider on my must-see list. My most recent visit, for example, was with Preston O'Malley. Her ad separated her (for me) from a pack of ladies with similar body types. It was an exceptional visit, for whatever that's worth, and I found that her personality was very close to what I had imagined from the content and wording of her ad. Bright, witty and uninhibited.
Pulls me in: NQNS or Greek
What gets my attention more than anything is intelligent posts.
Pulls me in -

(1) Clean, simple text. A photo or two that is not a butt shot.

(2) Link to a P411 page - I gave up on trying to maintain reference years ago.

(3) Screening requirements mentioned - All good providers screen their clients.

(4) An advertisement that is _not_ on Backpages or Craig's List.

Pushes me away -

(1) Low rates - quality doesn't come cheap. Also, I don't want to stand in line behind a dozen other guys.

(2) Ads that are too sexually suggestive - every great provider that I have known has been discreet.

(3) Photos that look too professional and retouched.

(4) Photos that look like digitized copies of old film-based photos.

(5) ECCIE or other board membership accepted as screening. - WTF? Screening through an anonymous identity that is easy to obtain?

(6) An advertisement that is on Backpages or Craig's List. Originally Posted by edm_fw
I was just talking about each and every like and dislike (specifically, dislikes 1, 5 & 6) that you mentioned here, to a couple of different providers.... I just wanted to quote it so they see it.

Thanks, carry on.....
the specifics of the ad do not mean much to me unless there is something i do not like. but i like seeing them to know the provider is active and looking for business. the reviews and pics (and posts if any) carry more weight on whether i want to see them.
Offer a sandwich at the end of the session!!!!!