The new Iphone. When is enough, enough?

I've been considering drinking the Koolaid and buying a new phone this Fall.

I'm having some recurring computer issues, connecting with the internet and the machine is just old, and also have an Apple 4S that was purchased when it was the newest phone on the market.

And that was what? 6 years ago?

So I need a plan of action.

But seriously, a thousand dollars for a phone?

The announcement about the new phone hasn't happened yet, guess it's supposed to be announced today.

But is there anyone out there that is tired of these phone getting more and more expensive? Know that my Android was over $700 and it's already over a year old.

Back when the Apple 4S was the newest phone on the market, bit the bullet and purchased the phone and an Ipad for the first time.

Both still work fine but updates often don't work because both machines are old.

So what are your thoughts? I'm sure that the newest Iphone will be a hit although didn't I read somewhere the Apple products weren't selling as fast as they used to?

Probably need to get a cheapo month to month, unlimited plan, Cricket something with a free phone and just not worry about it.

But I'm very comfortable with having all of the fun bells and whistles these type of phones offer.

Just thought this would make for a good topic of discussion.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
  • grean
  • 09-12-2017, 11:03 AM
More. Always more.

No! Don't fall to the temptation of the dark side of the force, a.k.a apple!
You can buy a used 6S online for a song
I don't like apple products. I am windows and Android tablet person. I got Droid Turbo 2, and I will keep for at least three years before I upgrade. I got 8 tablets and 4 netbooks.
It's just that in the past, the phone companies subsidized them and let you make payments. Now you have to pay upfront and no subsidy.

And when is enough, enough? From Apple's point of view, when they have ALL of your money. That's probably true of any business. Look at pharmaceuticals.

And keep mind, you do not HAVE to have a phone that does everything. They have us convinced that this convenience is a necessity.

You COULD get a simpler, cheaper phone
  • ~Ze~
  • 09-12-2017, 11:45 AM
I switched to a Pixel and haven't looked back.

You can get a new one on most carriers for between 11-25$ a month.

I paid outright for mine and it was still only 400$

I love project Fi.
I've had enough of it too ! Thinking about going back to the flip phone !!
To the OP....I’m an Apple guy. And although they are expensive, all my Apple products seem to work together exceptionally well. iPhone, IPad Pro, MacBook Pro.
If you’re not someone who has to have the latest and greatest...a 6 Plus can be bought relatively cheap. Just buy one from a company not an individual. That way you don’t get scammed.
On another note....most of the phone carriers ( Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint ) will allow you to make payments on your new $1100 phone. If that’s what you choose.
Apple just announced the price.

iPhone8 $700
iPhone 8 Plus $800
Starting at
iPhone X. That's ten. Not Ex - $999
Yeah that’s the 64 gb... The 256 will probably be $1199. Won’t ship till November
To the OP....I’m an Apple guy. And although they are expensive, all my Apple products seem to work together exceptionally well. iPhone, IPad Pro, MacBook Pro.
If you’re not someone who has to have the latest and greatest...a 6 Plus can be bought relatively cheap. Just buy one from a company not an individual. That way you don’t get scammed.
On another note....most of the phone carriers ( Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, Sprint ) will allow you to make payments on your new $1100 phone. If that’s what you choose. Originally Posted by Crzytxn
Just don't buy from some dude on Craigslist with a too good to be true price. Meet in public. Confirm iCloud account removed from device, open sim tray and use small flashlight to check for water damage. Removing buying from individuals makes no sense unless you just throw caution to the wind.
Apple makes great hardware, shitty software. But I still use their phones.
Seems to be a status thing at this point. I've got a 7 and the camera is better than I'll ever need and the other updates with the 8 or X isn't worth $10 to me. To your point EW, don't need to update them every year but every 3 or 4 years allows you to plug along just fine. 6 is really good, wait until the 8s ship in November and the 6 will be dirt cheap on eBay.