"Specials" and feelings on them

• !VI!
  • 01-21-2014, 09:48 AM
i always see the word "Special" in the hobby

ALWAYS

since moving to grapevine i have been doing for p411 and eccie members

buy 4 get 5th free

then i asked during 5th time do the "specials" they see everywhere actually save any money?

i got some very intresting responses.

"special means 15 min"
"special means normal rate but with less stuff" etc

but everyone looks for a special, my question is is special worth, satisfaction?
I'm sure lilmynx69 will be able to answer this question for all of us. She is the all-knowing civilian man/woman who happens to be an expert at all things Hobby. *Waits in anticipation* (Her job is to patrol eccie for an unknown corporation, so she should be dropping in any minute)
  • Rehke
  • 01-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Too often "special" is overused as a marketing gimmick. I refuse to see any provider who puts "special" in an ad and she's quoting me her usual rates.

Special should indicate some sort of extra service or reduced pricing, AKA, sale.

Specials are not a requirement, but they are nice and when there is a genuine special offered, I do consider that in my selection of who to see. I'm fine with review specials, multi-hour rates, or things like your sig.
  • Rehke
  • 01-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Kitten fight! Kitten fight!

I'm sure lilmynx69 will be able to answer this question for all of us. She is the all-knowing civilian man/woman who happens to be an expert at all things Hobby. *Waits in anticipation* (Her job is to patrol eccie for an unknown corporation, so she should be dropping in any minute) Originally Posted by Mya Michelle
special is what special does.

it can mean anything from "open the door, get blown, close the door." :^) to "reduced fee" to "extra time" to "extra activities that are normally not included" to who knows what.

ladies, if you're offering a "special", please let us know what that means for us.
guys, if you're interested in what her use of "special" means, just ask.

it might just involve a large wad of cash or 24k gold or 3 carats of diamonds or a new home :^)
Too often "special" is overused as a marketing gimmick. I refuse to see any provider who puts "special" in an ad and she's quoting me her usual rates.

... when there is a genuine special offered, I do consider that in my selection of who to see. Originally Posted by Rehke
so what is a "genuine" special, in your definition?

what if her "special" was at her usual rates, but she gave you more time or more activities?? would that be "genuine"?
Rates are hard enough to figure out without throwing "specials" in there. Is the special good for booking in advance or do you have to boink her within a specific time frame? Is the special applicable to the rate advertised here, on P411, on her website or ???. Just gimmee a damn number and get naked.
If the title of the ad says special, then somewhere in the ad it should tell you what the special is. Some ladies ads say special in every ad. I hate that.
If the title of the ad says special, then somewhere in the ad it should tell you what the special is. Some ladies ads say special in every ad. I hate that. Originally Posted by flanker1017
well, if all or most of a woman's ads say special,
then i guess it's not so special.

from my best word friend on the web http://dictionary.com ...
Special - of a distinct or particular kind or character.
distinguished or different from what is ordinary or usual.
a temporary, arbitrary reduction in the price of regularly stocked goods, especially food; a particularly worthwhile offer or price.

Special, particular, specific refer to something pointed out for attention and consideration.
Special means given unusual treatment because of being uncommon: a special sense of a word.
Particular implies something selected from the others of its kind and set off from them for attention: a particular variety of orchid.
Specific implies plain and unambiguous indication of a particular instance, example, etc.: a specific instance of cowardice.
  • Rehke
  • 01-21-2014, 11:47 AM
so what is a "genuine" special, in your definition?

what if her "special" was at her usual rates, but she gave you more time or more activities?? would that be "genuine"? Originally Posted by pmdelites
Yeah, I think I alluded to that in my reply.

I'm just saying that plastering "special" over every ad does not constitute a special.
I mostly see "Special" from new girls in the W&I forum as a way to get started and verified. It works well if its under $200 but after a month of Specials and tons of appointments, some them begin to think they are REALLY Special and worth a lot more without being...all that Special.
to me specials mean good price on times. There are some things I charge extra whether its regular price or a special. Everyone has a worth, I just know I have plenty of competition so I can't charge the way I feel I want. I'm far from jealous of other girls, I respect every last one of these women on here. I have bills to pay and a new car to get so I will continue to do specials. With me you always get the bang for your buck!!
As for me.. I offered review specials for my first year on eccie. I personally found it to be very helpful. It provided the men here to "sample the goods" for a discounted price,in exchange for an honest review. It was a win,win situation for both of us. I was able to keep my reviews up to date and spark interest in others, which also helped with business. As for the men here on eccie, I would hope to think it was a good deal for them as well
Most of them still donated asking price , which made me feel like my time was appreciated very much.

After gaining some new friends, I like them to feel they still deserve the "special" rate for sticking with me through my time here.Therefore, same rate still applies for my repeats. Mainly because I appreciate anyone who can put up with me this long..lol. You guys are the best!

FYI for some of the newer ladies, to be perfectly honest , I have noticed my reviews have slacked up a bit. Not sure if because review rate is no longer available or not, but statistics show for me, that it does make a difference. Although, if you have been able to maintain a good reputation, it should not affect your business. Just my experience so far
I'm sure lilmynx69 will be able to answer this question for all of us. She is the all-knowing civilian man/woman who happens to be an expert at all things Hobby. *Waits in anticipation* (Her job is to patrol eccie for an unknown corporation, so she should be dropping in any minute) Originally Posted by Mya Michelle
Yeah you neeeeeeever start any drama at all.
Yeah you neeeeeeever start any drama at all. Originally Posted by Boltfan

You took the words right off of my keyboard! Thank you. Don't we all know to never say never?