Hobbies that limit the hobby

So does anyone else have the problem of conflicting hobbies vying for hobby $ and what may that be? This does not really apply to the SLs of the world with funds to see girls every day and keep a Ferrari collection. Those of us with a few hundred to throw around, what pulls funds away from giving the little head what it wants?

I like to shoot and really wouldn't mind having the $ to throw down for a pair of scopes/mounts for around $2k. Not to mention I run through enough ammo during some range trips to pay for a fun 30 min. Damn, I used to think public golf was expensive!

Also, for you girls, what is it you like to spend that hard earned money on?
I play cards...... I tend to REALLY enjoy playing cards..... I can sit at a table for hours upon hours.... I enjoy the conversations..... the competitiveness..... and definitely the game.....

I usually do well..... But I stay too log at times and forget there is a young lady waiting for me...... and I'm tired and want to sleep by the time I realize what I fucked up.... I played for 32 hours straight once with a little boost of some prescription meds......

The up side is I have more money AFTERwards with that hobby (most of the time)

I guess that is why I am looking for a young lady that likes ladies to join me and a lady on a trip to Vegas next month...... That way she has someone to play with, shop with and see the couple of shows I won't want to see.....

And with two of them.....

Who knows... I may leave the tables earlier....
I love to go shooting at the range
Travel. Just went to St. Martin for a few days and a week-long cruise from there. Going to Orlando in Dec./Jan. Several week-end trips planned. I love Austin but it's a big, beautiful world out there.

My boat. Just put $700 in repairs into it. Costs $215 a month for storage. Thinking about selling it to give me more time/money to travel.
Actually just started to get into shooting. The cost isn't too bad though. Bought a 22 so ammo is pretty cheap
So does anyone else have the problem of conflicting hobbies vying for hobby $ and what may that be? This does not really apply to the SLs of the world with funds to see girls every day and keep a Ferrari collection. Those of us with a few hundred to throw around, what pulls funds away from giving the little head what it wants?

I like to shoot and really wouldn't mind having the $ to throw down for a pair of scopes/mounts for around $2k. Not to mention I run through enough ammo during some range trips to pay for a fun 30 min. Damn, I used to think public golf was expensive!

Also, for you girls, what is it you like to spend that hard earned money on? Originally Posted by cspackler
I feel very alienated! LOL But even SL has hobbies that get in the way of his hobby. Hunting, Fishing, Traveling, Family and kids. There’s just NOT enough hours in the day!
Ever notice.... people with all the time in the world don't have the discretionary cash they "want" yet the people that do don't have enough time. Wonder why that is? LOL
  • Toyz
  • 04-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Riding my bike...sometimes like to take a couple of days and drive down Leakey way...

Sports...love to attend college & pro games

Concerts...am big into the live music scene...prime seats for good shows are expensive
I love hiking on the weekends, taking my dog and exploring new territory... Thats free though. I guess the most expensive habit I have is going out to eat. I like concerts, but it has to be someone I really want to see. I'm boring I guess
Definately Shooting and Firearms collecting. Also hunting and riding my HD, but the thing that most limits my participaton in this Hobby is time. My work is my Mistress. Like SL noted sometimes it is not a lack of funds (even with the other hobbies) but a lack of time!!!!

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
  • Toyz
  • 04-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Andrea I am huge into hiking and primitive camping...fav close trip is Pedernales St Park. 2.7 miles in there are primitive sites on the ridge overlooking the river. Pack in/pack out. Hang a hammock between two trees on the ridge.....heaven! Some seriously beautiful trails as well.
Wicked fast drag cars. Tits or tires; can't afford to do both.

Concerts...am big into the live music scene...prime seats for good shows are expensive Originally Posted by Toyz
Can't agree more. Just bought tickets to Crosby, Stills,and Nash. Want to get tickets to Springsteen once he announces his schedule. Wanted tickets to Aerosmith but not at the prices asked for. Have to pick and choose.
Motorcycle roadracing. As addictive as crack and way more expensive.
  • Toyz
  • 04-28-2012, 11:15 AM
I had second row center for the fire relief concert and the doobie brothers, Its really great if you can get close.
Skydiving rules but way too addicting ! Even with my own equipment , it's 20.00 a minute. Definitely drains the bank !