Possible to cull (or archive) retired provider Showcases?

The "featured Showcases" item at the top of the main page just served up this showcase:

http://www.eccie.net/providers.php?do=view&id=43059

of a lady who's long since (end of last year) retired. A few weeks ago, a featured Showcase was one of a lady I saw over a year and a half ago. I sent her a PM thinking that she was still active (she's one I'd like to see again), only for her to PM back stating that she's since married and retired from the hobby.

Is there any way that y'all can clean up the Showcases so that the Showcases of retired ladies aren't browsable/searchable/featured? I can see where you might not want to delete them (absent a specific request from a lady to do so), as ladies may "un-retire" and might want to reactivate their Showcases. But making retired ladies' Showcases invisible might save some of us a bit of frustration...

Cheers,

bcg
If a provider is "long gone"...her showcase would not appear in either area.

-if an account is disabled or guested, the showcase goes away.
-if a VP abandons her account, it will be removed from the Verified Provider usergroup automatically which removes her showcase.

The only scenario that could be possible is a VP who has stopped providing but has kept her VP status for one reason or another, likely for Powder Room access, is still active on the board, AND has chosen to keep her showcase active as well.

So, to answer your question..... No, not much we will be able to do about that.

If you have discovered anything contrary to what I have described above, perhaps you've found a glitch. Feel free to provide examples to me via PM,
Some of Trees all time favorite providers are "long gone" ... Think its respectful of their privacy to let them go quietly. Kudos. For those who have seen the greats of hobby past, the images are in our heads, now and hope forever.

19Trees
I sent St. C a few examples of some ladies accounts that have been inactive for quite awhile yet still had VP status.
It showed that they do have a small glitch in the programming that was not allowing the system to downgrade accounts that have gone inactive for more then 90 days.

He promised that they would get it fixed ASAP and that should help with the problem with retired ladies showcases still being viewable.
Does seem like you can program so that Pvovider Showcases do not show up as featured when they have not been accessed in months. I.E. "leslielays" today - her last access to the site was 8/25/2012.

IJS
Does seem like you can program so that Pvovider Showcases do not show up as featured when they have not been accessed in months. I.E. "leslielays" today - her last access to the site was 8/25/2012.

IJS Originally Posted by ninjaturtle
Yes it can and that was how it was programmed..
I am going to assume (love the word) that when they upgraded to a newer version of vBulletin, not all the settings were carried over.
This board runs off of a highly modified version of vBulletin with a lot of the scripting done on the fly... at least that is what I am assuming.
Give them time to find just the right switch and toggle it...
This is all cleaned up now. There won't be any Showcases for a girl who's been inactive over 90 days.
So was it just a switch that needed toggled, a button that needed pushed or just a loose wire?