It’s a sad day in America. North Carolina’s Amendment One has passed

Today, our country, which was created as a Democracy, just moved one step closer into evolving into a Theocracy. North Carolina’s Amendment One passed. The law decrees that “marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State”- meaning that civil unions and potentially other types of domestic partnerships will no longer be legally recognized.

The background and purpose behind this Amendment is pure spite. It serves no gain nor any benefit whatsoever for anyone in the state of North Carolina. NO ONE. It is set forth purely to attack people of the same sex who are in a civil union. Same-sex marriage is already illegal in North Carolina. But the “leaders” felt they needed to take this one step further.

How is this a step towards a Theocracy? Because of this verse in the bible:
Lev. 18:22, “You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.”
Well, here is another quote:
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..” (Amendment 1, The Constitution of the United States.)
The logic here is simple that I actually feel a bit like a fool for even discussing this, and know very well that I am insulting a great number of people – so please, those of you who understand this concept, please accept my apology. No personal insult meant.
Now, what logic?

Man lying with man in being an abomination is from the bible. Man lying with man (and implied woman with woman) lying together is no longer recognized as legal in North Carolina, as well as several other states. This religious belief is used as the foundation of Amendment One, as well as many other laws. Therefore, a Theocracy is forming.
Definition of a Theocracy (Wikipedia): Theocracy is a form of government in which the official policy is to be governed by immediate divine guidance or by officials who are regarded as divinely guided, or simply pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religious group or religion.
“or simply pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religious group or religion.”

If you do not believe in same-sex relationships, it is so very simple… don’t have one. No one should have the power to purposely restrict or destroy another human’s love life and marriage simply based upon one’s own belief – especially when people of the same sex getting married DOES NOT AFFECT ANYONE ELSE.

Do gay marriages take away anyone’s job? No. Do they take away anyone’s insurance? No.

Do same-sex marriages, civil unions, and/or relationships stop anyone from living their own lives as if same-sex never occurred? NO NO NO NO AND NO!

Our Constitution is being torn apart and shit on by the likes of the extremely religious right-wing.

Even more sadly, the passing of this Amendment will hurt heterosexual couples and their families. Again, “marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State,” with “marriage” being the key word.

Now all heterosexual couples who had any type of benefit/insurance provided by their partner no longer have those benefits and/or insurance. Sorry, kids. Guess it is time to get on Medicaid.

I posted this video earlier today and I have to post it again here. Reverend Dr. Barker so eloquently delivers some very wise and powerful words. Specifically, Rev Barber talks about the Fourteenth Amendment which states:

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

If we continue to bring religion into our government, our country will collapse. Everyone has the right to practice their own religion. But NO ONE has the right to enforce their religious beliefs on others, and that is exactly what Amendment One is doing.

No America was not created as a democracy (no need to capitalize). America was created as a constitutional republic and it still is. Same sex marriage has never been legal in America until recently in some states. So if the prohibition of same sex marriage makes us a theocracy (no need to capitalize), then we've been a theocracy for over two hundred years. Come to think of it, by your line of reasoning, every country on Earth has been a theocracy since the beginning of recorded human history.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aindr/..._b_442963.html
I didn't see any sign of religion in that amendment. Where did you see it? By the way, Joe is right. Ben Franklin, when asked what kind of government he had given us, said we have given you a republic...if you can hold on to it.

Why so sad? The people spoke with a single voice according to the law. No one was executed, beaten, raped, or otherwise brutalized. Does that make you said that the people spoke? Would you prefer an unelected judge to decide?

Maybe you're just angry the majority of black people voted against gay marriage.
There are 49 other states you can be i8n or go to if you do not like what that state has chosen for itself. We are a Republic of States.
The G&L lobby is overreaching...instead of demanding marriage they should seek a civil union law.
The G&L lobby is overreaching...instead of demanding marriage they should seek a civil union law. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
+1
Maybe you're just angry the majority of black people voted against gay marriage. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

theocracy? this aint no law against a man laying wit another man. thats still legal. hell, a gay man can get married 2 any beard wholl have him, just ask Michelle. LOL!

isnt marriage guvmint regulation ov a personal relationship? arent u conservatards against guvmint regulation? LOL! gay people want guvmint regulation? they want 2 pay alimony & hand half their shit over 2 dat dude they hate? gay folk break up much more frequently then heteros. there sure aint many queers getting married in the states where it is legal!LOL!

maybe black folk will think differently wen gay men start popping babies out their azzes.
  • WTF
  • 05-09-2012, 07:52 AM

maybe black folk will think differently wen gay men start popping babies out their azzes. Originally Posted by Af-Freakin
Dat some funny chit right there!

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1

wat duz the bold part mean?
So it’s begun. The retarded Republicans are already making the 2012 election about gay marriage and abortion. I guess they just like loosing. Morons!

Who cares? Like I always say, as long as they aren’t making it mandatory, I could care less if people are/want to be gay. Make it a legal union and move on. Though I have no problem with the gay and lesbian community and I abhor the evangelical Christians, the G & L lobby are on the fringe on this one along with their nemesis’s the evangelical Christians.

Today, our country, which was created as a Democracy, just moved one step closer into evolving into a Theocracy. North Carolina’s Amendment One passed. The law decrees that “marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State”- meaning that civil unions and potentially other types of domestic partnerships will no longer be legally recognized. Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1
Not to be a grammar Nazi but by capitalizing State (where I bolded it above) means the Nation State not the individual state, thereby making the statement blatantly untrue. A state cannot dictate the laws of the State. It seems a small distinction, but it isn’t.
So it’s begun. The retarded Republicans are already making the 2012 election about gay marriage and abortion. I guess they just like loosing. Morons!

Who cares? Like I always say, as long as they aren’t making it mandatory, I could care less if people are/want to be gay. Make it a legal union and move on. Though I have no problem with the gay and lesbian community and I abhor the evangelical Christians, the G & L lobby are on the fringe on this one along with their nemesis’s the evangelical Christians.

Not to be a grammar Nazi but by capitalizing State (where I bolded it above) means the Nation State not the individual state, thereby making the statement blatantly untrue. A state cannot dictate the laws of the State. It seems a small distinction, but it isn’t. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward

Hence the old saying about our "two party system", one's evil, the others stupid.

I got tired of pointing out their lunacy on a number of "conservative" blogs, though it was funny that some accused me of being a "paid Obama agitator" for my trouble!
so civil unions (as posted) are not legal either? Is that true? How do they define civil union? If I decide to get into contracts with another partner (whoever that is) for whatever reason, how can they make it "illegal". It`s my problem who I put in my will or insurance or house benefits, right?
[SIZE=3]

Who cares? Like I always say, as long as they aren’t making it mandatory, I could care less if people are/want to be gay. Make it a legal union and move on. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Exactly! Right!
so civil unions (as posted) are not legal either? Is that true? How do they define civil union? If I decide to get into contracts with another partner (whoever that is) for whatever reason, how can they make it "illegal". It`s my problem who I put in my will or insurance or house benefits, right? Originally Posted by ninasastri
There are federal laws and state laws. Civil unions are recognized as legal in the states of: NY, Mass, CA and I'm probably missing a few other states.

I know somebody who got married in Ny to her partner last weekend. Nothing stopping them from getting hitched.
i aint so sure repubes were makin it an issue. this state wuz the 31st 2 pass a const. amend. seems President Obama & Vice President Biden made it an issue by talking about it b4 tues. election. i wish hed leave it alone. what part of 61% duz he not understand. he gotta b more careful.