WTF was this guy thinking?!?!

I am normally an easy going and laid back person but today something happened that truly pissed me off!!

My number is PRIVATE and only given out to those that I have screened.

I just started getting texts from an unknown person asking for a 2 hour session.
This person claims that he was talking to a guy at a bar about the hobby. And that this other guy gave him my number, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

I don't know who gave my number out, but NEVER give out anyone's number without permission. Especially not to a guy you just met in a bar!!
Whoever did this, how do you know if the guy you were talking to is LE or not? How do you know he isn't some psycho with a violent past?
Truly sorry this happened to you Tammie. Again another sad day in the hobby world. That's 3 things in a row that im shaking my head to going WTF?
Not cool at all. Guys thinking with little head again. Sorry this happened to you. You must have gotten a bit shook up.
NOT cool at all. That guy just basically outed you to a civilian. He may have been a nice guy and all, but that is just WRONG.

Unless a lady or guy posts their number publicaly, it should be treated as private information and not shared with others, even those on eccie.

I often get guys asking me for a certain lady's number because they know I see her and they haven't been able to get responses from email or PMs. I don't and will not give out those private numbers. Instead, I ask the guy for his number and forward it to my lady friends and if they want to contact him, then they can. I also make sure that I do NOT act as a reference for a guy--hell, I don't know what he is like BCD and there may be some good reasons the ladies are not responsive to his requests.

Be Safe and Respectful--let's all look out for one another.
NOT cool at all. That guy just basically outed you to a civilian. He may have been a nice guy and all, but that is just WRONG.

Unless a lady or guy posts their number publicaly, it should be treated as private information and not shared with others, even those on eccie.

I often get guys asking me for a certain lady's number because they know I see her and they haven't been able to get responses from email or PMs. I don't and will not give out those private numbers. Instead, I ask the guy for his number and forward it to my lady friends and if they want to contact him, then they can. I also make sure that I do NOT act as a reference for a guy--hell, I don't know what he is like BCD and there may be some good reasons the ladies are not responsive to his requests.

Be Safe and Respectful--let's all look out for one another. Originally Posted by BugleBoy
Exactly, the guy should have either asked me to give it out or gotten the guy's number to give to me.
This brings to mind the hobby days of old. Where privacy and discretion seemed to hold a bit more importance to both hobbyist and provider alike. Nowadays, (just my opinion, mind you) people seem to talk too damn much and have no problem sharing information they damn well know they shouldn't be sharing. Everyone would be far better served to keep their damn mouths shut and mind their own counsel. Sharing hobby related numbers with someone they met at a bar? What a fuckin' dumbass. Just sayin'.
My question is how did you handle it?

I would assume you made him feel like a dick instead of asking who referred you and asking for screening info.

Coming on here to let us know that you may now have the POPO or a possible stalker/ sex offender etc. who knows more about you than you do of him is beneficial too.

Good work Barney

I am normally an easy going and laid back person but today something happened that truly pissed me off!!

My number is PRIVATE and only given out to those that I have screened.

I just started getting texts from an unknown person asking for a 2 hour session.
This person claims that he was talking to a guy at a bar about the hobby. And that this other guy gave him my number, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

I don't know who gave my number out, but NEVER give out anyone's number without permission. Especially not to a guy you just met in a bar!!
Whoever did this, how do you know if the guy you were talking to is LE or not? How do you know he isn't some psycho with a violent past?
Originally Posted by TemptationTammie
Promoting is a serious charge and by talking about the hobby then referring him
to you, can get him into a lot of trouble... Very stupid... Smh
I never asked for screening info, I asked who gave him my number. Never admitted to being a provider in chat.
Unfortunately, there is no "Hobbyist 101" curriculum.

Hang in there, Sweetheart!
Sorry that happened to you Tammie
I normally don't let things get me upset on here. I may not like certain things, but this is the first time that I was outright pissed off or angry.
The guy told me the first name of the guy who gave him my number but that's all he knew. It was just a guy he met at the bar.
Providers are equally guilty if not far worse at pulling the same shit all the time.

I once had some random guy walk up to me while I was on stage during break to say "Hey aren't you so and so from ASPD? Karma (ASPD provider) told me all about you and your really cool place".

I then bumped into him again a year later while I was at a coffee shop with my GF. Totally ignoring the "Fuck off" look on my face he tried to strike up a conversation in front of her as if he and I were old buddies.

On a separate occasion I left the gym to find some random monger had written his ASPD handle on a piece of paper under the letters ASPD and slipped it on to the driver seat through the slightly open window of my car.

Obviously some loose lipped provider had told him about my very distinctive vehicle and he somehow thought it would be funny to introduce himself and let me know he knew who I was. Just imagine if it had been my GF driving the car that day.

This doesn't even scratch the surface of how often providers out clients to their provider buds.

Discretion in the hobby is a complete myth. It always has been. No different yesterday than today.
Not cool at all. Guys thinking with little head again. Originally Posted by Passion2015
sounds more like not thinking at all .....
IMO, it really sounds more like a set up