Visa and Mastercard cut business ties with Backpage

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...page/29558315/

A county Sheriff has pressured Mastercard to end business relations with backpage, and Visa has followed suit. So what's next? If providers can't post ads, what's the next avenue? I'm sure some entrepreneurial spirit will create an advertising site for providers in backpages wake..

I'm not too sure BP can stay afloat without major credit card companies support, unless providers paid with bitcoin even that's pretty volatile
I used to use vanilla visa when I first started and was using BP. They cancelled the card and told me not to try to get another one.
In September 2010, CL shut down its Adult Services advertising section under pressute from 17 state Attorney Generals

in June 2014, the FBI shutdown RedBook, confiscating their Internet domain and all company computers.

in 2015, BP, which, according to reports is Dutch owned and Texas based and accounts for 70% of the provider ads in the US, has had American Express, MasterCard and now, Visa pull any ability to use their cards on the site.

This leaves less than a handful of sites on "their" radar, that accept payment from ladies wanting to advertise adult services.
Hmm glad I did not pay for that life time membership to p*11. Only a matter of time for Gina. I would think she would be just as susceptible as BP and the others. This sucks.
Gina Rollins and her business are based and incorporated in Canada, where this service is legal. They are also a membership-only site, which makes them markedly different.

Respectfully,

OldSarge
It would be a blessing if bp shuts down, I know I can't wait. It's a cesspool of girls using fake pix and robbing hobbyist... Let's not forget the underage trafficking!

But that's only my 2 cents..
Gina Rollins and her business are based and incorporated in Canada, where this service is legal. They are also a membership-only site, which makes them markedly different.

Respectfully,

OldSarge Originally Posted by OldSarge
Wrong it's been illegal in Canada for a while now.
It would be a blessing if bp shuts down, I know I can't wait. It's a cesspool of girls using fake pix and robbing hobbyist... Let's not forget the underage trafficking!

But that's only my 2 cents.. Originally Posted by BrittnanyBigBooty
Unfortunately, they are already migrating here. Sigh. Shutting down such sites only drives the trafficking further underground, Imo.

I'm sure there will be other sites if bp and eccie go down. It's like playing wack- a- mole. Seedy stuff goes on here too. Don't think it doesn't. It's just not as out in the open as some of these other places.

I know there has been some changes In legislation made this year. I'd like to know exactly what. Where do you find this information?

SDR
Wrong it's been illegal in Canada for a while now. Originally Posted by Desktop
You may not be aware that the laws changed nationwide in Canada in 2014. It is now LEGAL to sell sex in Canada, just not legal to buy it. LOL. Check out the Canadian Supreme Court case Canada v Bedford ruling.

And, Gina is awesome!

Hugs and Kisses,

Theresa
You may not be aware that the laws changed nationwide in Canada in 2014. It is now LEGAL to sell sex in Canada, just not legal to buy it. LOL. Check out the Canadian Supreme Court case Canada v Bedford ruling.

And, Gina is awesome!

Hugs and Kisses,

Theresa Originally Posted by justtheresa69
+1

LOL. Basically nationwide, in Canada, they decriminalized the ladies and made the gents the criminals.

Toronto decriminalized prostitution 20 years ago (back in 1995). Canada, like the US, is comprised of a number of states, (called Provinces) along with several territories. They have 10 Provinces and Toronto is by far the most populous one. Each Province in Canada has its own rights under their constitution and are co-sovereign, having their own "crown" head, a LT Governor.

As a funny aside, while Toronto de-criminalized prostitution 20 years ago, it did, at the same time, make lap dancing a crime. LOL

Respectfully,

OldSarge