Fine Wine

What is your favorite wine?
Any California pinot noir (they do not make a bad one) or a ice-chilled Rhine Valley semi-sweet white. I have been getting into sparkling wine lately. As you know there are a wide range of tastes (levels of sweetness / dryness and textures) for them.

Although any wine (or most anything for that matter) is better when shared with a beautiful lady.
I am a big fan of Australian wines, and have found few not to be to my liking. A new one now in HyVee is Crane Lake, and sells for a remarkable $2.99 per bottle. I have had the Cab., Merlot, Pinot Gregio and Chard - and all are tasty.
Penfolds is a favorite as is Wolf Blass, and Jacobs Creek and Lindeman's are really good as well.
I don't know if there is such a thing as a favorite wine.

I do like some of the local wines made at Nebraska Wineries. I especially like some of the white wines they make. They are probably a little sweeter than some people like, but many of the whites they make are similar to the Riesling.

For those in Omaha or near Omaha, stop in at Brix at the Village Point shopping area. They have a store with lots of wine, many craft beers, as well as high end scotch, vodka, and tequila. They also have a wine bar next to it with about 40 bottles that you can choose from their special system to keep the bottles fresh, and let you pour three different sizes of glass, from a sample, to a medium, to a full glass, and at different price levels. They change the wines around every so often, so it gives you a chance to try some more expensive bottles instead of buying a whole bottle and finding out you don't like it.
I'm a HUGE fan of Italian wines. I shall post some names later when I'm out of bed. lol
French and Italian. They know how to make the stuff. Barolo, Barbaresco, Valpolicellas, yum!
French and Italian. They know how to make the stuff. Barolo, Barbaresco, Valpolicellas, yum! Originally Posted by SR Only
+1

Add to these Brunello.
anything that comes in a box so I can set it on the tailgate of my truck and drink it from a dixie cup works for me .lol..must be compatible with a bag of bugles or uncle rays BBQ chips
anything that comes in a box so I can set it on the tailgate of my truck and drink it from a dixie cup works for me .lol..must be compatible with a bag of bugles or uncle rays BBQ chips Originally Posted by jfarmer

How come the words " You might be a redneck " come to mind. LOL

Of course I'm sure I have a few redneck things I could mention about myself as well, but I'll save that for another time.
Thats ok I dont have a problem with that, rednecks are fun people, just 50% redneck here,just enough not to think my shit dont stink
seriously on a recent trip to the Bahamas they had a Portugese wine at a restarant we went to no idea of the name of it but it was unusual and probably the best Ive had,too bad I dont remember I would like to try to find it here in the states.
I've learned a little bit about making wine from a friend that manages one of the Nebraska wineries. They make wine from a lot of different things, not just grapes. They also blend some fruit with some grapes, and also blend grapes together to get different tastes. They also can change things by how they ferment the grapes, time the pick the grapes, ground fertility etc. Most people that don't drink a lot of wine like some of the sweeter wines, but depending on what type of food you are eating with your wine makes a difference as well. Spicey foods seem to work better with a sweeter wine. Dry wines for full flavored steaks. Bottom line is if you like the wine, it is a good wine.