If you see a provider on the street and you are with SO...What do you do?

Do you ignore her? Wave ? Call her later?

I had encounter and she waved and I had my So with me..and I had to explain . Very difficult.
Tacky. A top-caliber provider would never have done that.

The same unspoken rule applies to us. My ATF complained that she was with her kid(s) in Wal Mart when she ran into a client who greeted her by her "handle" and asked, "How ya doin'?"

Answer "Never heard of her" and walked on.

I'd say it's OK to acknowledge each other as long as 1) circumstances permit (e.g., no kids or SO) and 2) your approach is as if toward a stranger, albeit friendly ("Miss, I just wanted to tell you that's a lovely pendant you're wearing.")
I think that if you saw each other (alone or not or not) a quick wink or a special look is cool. BUT NEVER WALK UP AND START TALKING. Very uncool.
You should ignore her, and she should ignore you.

I tell my girlfriends all the time, "they don't pay me to sleep with them, they pay me to not want/or act like their girlfriend afterwards"

Most of us understand that you have no obligation to us. Our time spent together is just that, and then it is over. I would never say hi to a hobbyist in public. I have had a few say hi to me, but that is their choice. If I wasn't alone I would have been upset.

IMHO, she should have acted like she has never met you. And on your part deny, deny, deny. She must of thought I was someone else honey.... or something like that.
Go to self-denial mode.
You pretend that I do not exist. Hell, I don't know who you are. You damn well shouldn't know me.

Flip side.... I have a private life too. Why should I broadcast to the world that I have a secret life? Why should you?
As everyone here has said, you don't know this person, when in the none hobby world. Therefore, you should not wave at a provider or go up and say hi, etc. And if a provider says hi or waves at you while you are with someone, SO or not, just look at them blankly and tell who you are with "i dont know who that was, weird."
do nothing... in that situation. Wave back..... a friend of a friend or an associate. Not, unprofessional IMO. I speak to strangers and people in general, not a big deal.
I shut my mouth and cross the street.
Get to see what she look like with clothes on. LOL
I have to agree with oldtiger
Do you ignore her? Wave ? Call her later?

I had encounter and she waved and I had my So with me..and I had to explain . Very difficult. Originally Posted by pickupkid

I get paid to shut my mouth and not know anything you are talking about. Anything else is unprofessional, if a head nod is giving I may or may not respond in kind depending what is going on.

Other than that, no one in the hobby should be put on the spot by anyone else in the hobby to explain something to someone who isn't in the hobby.

By the way, the same goes for seeing one of you gents that I have perhaps met a social. The best bet is to pretend we don't know each other until you are certain the coast is clear--you should extend that courtesy to providers as well, keep in mind they may have friends and family too that they do not want to explain how they know you to in a fast and awkward moment.
what amazes me is this question actually has to be asked?
thank you "latinalover"