cost for service $.6 = $60 or $160?

i am curious what the abbreviation $.6 is. = $60 or $160???
Yep
  • Trey
  • 10-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Stupid shit back from the aspd days.

Everybody knew $60 meant one hundred sixty. Like some LE wouldn't recognize it. (sarcasm)

If you spend 160, just type in 160. This 'top secret' code of $60 isn't fooling anybody.

What I really hated was someone who spent big bucks typing in $$$$$$$$$ versus 1K or 1,000 bucks. I didn't have the time nor inclination to try and see how many $ signs were in there.
Lol
DJ +1
i am curious what the abbreviation $.6 is. = $60 or $160??? Originally Posted by txguy99
Even your question can be confusing.

For true clarity, spelling it out is crystal. Does $.6 = 160 dollars, or 60 dollars, or 1 dollar and 60 cents, or 60 cents?If there's going to be shorthand, it would have to be defined and universally applied and enforced so that every posting has the same meaning.

My other issue is that international reviews should be clear as to whether the rate is local or another currency, and what the exchange rate was at the time. http://www.xe.com/ucc/
It really is a silly tradition. Why would it be more illegal to pay a lady 160 dollars than 60 dollars? LOL!

Besides that, her ads and website will have the rates clearly posted.
....Why would it be more illegal to pay a lady 160 dollars than 60 dollars? LOL! .... Originally Posted by HoneyRose
Well, I guess if the hobbyist, felt that he was defrauded and services weren't delivered as promised; (I'm not part of the legal system so don't quote me) but possibly a class A vs B misdemeanor.
Dollars??? I was planning to take 160 roses like the ad requested. You mean I don't need to go buy dozens of flowers?
Dollars??? I was planning to take 160 roses like the ad requested. You mean I don't need to go buy dozens of flowers? Originally Posted by Marathon Man
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=94740

Been there, done that...doesn't really work out how you expect...
LOL Wakeup if you did that you are my hero
It might have actually worked as a code if someone hadn't gone and gave it a definition. It is funny though.
lmao I dont know what I'd do if someone showed up with that many roses.... I don't think I'd have the heart to say no. lol
Stupid shit back from the aspd days. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Amen, my friend. Dumbest thing we do around here. (Well, one of the top five.)

If you MUST use the super-duper secret $ code, how 'bout $0.6 for 60, and $1.6 for $160? At least that's not ambiguous.
I've always hated the "secret code." That's why I try to just use numbers like 160 when I do a review.