President Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

President Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

WASHINGTON (AP) President Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey Tuesday.

In a statement, Mr. Trump says Comey's firing "will mark a new beginning" for the FBI.

(KWKX)
draining the swamp
Hoping the investigation will go away.
It was just reported on Fox that in the letter from President Trump to Comey, he thanked him for telling him he was not the target of an ongoing investigation.

But, he could no longer be an affective head of the FBI.

I think I will watch MSNBC to get the most asinine assessment of this event that anyone could possibly dream up.
Going to get very interesting ...

Watching all the repercussions bounce hither and yon is likely to be a lot of fun!
Wonder what the libs would do if Trump nominates, say..... Trey Gowdy or Ted Cruz to lead the FBI ? !!!! Bet there'd be a HELL of a run on Depends ! Especially from the Clintons and odummer !!
Fake news? Originally Posted by bamscram
What's "fake news"? You?
Wonder what the libs would do if Trump nominates, say..... Trey Gowdy or Ted Cruz to lead the FBI ? !!!! Bet there'd be a HELL of a run on Depends ! Especially from the Clintons and odummer !! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
If he nominates Trey Gowdy you can bet somebody is going down. Gowdy is a bulldog in the court room. He loves to expose and convict scumbags. I bet he lost sleep over the fact he couldn't get a conviction on Clinton. If Trump has any sense he should pick Gowdy. Cruz is screwball and a wimp.

Jim
If he nominates Trey Gowdy you can bet somebody is going down. Gowdy is a bulldog in the court room. He loves to expose and convict scumbags. I bet he lost sleep over the fact he couldn't get a conviction on Clinton. If Trump has any sense he should pick Gowdy. Cruz is screwball and a wimp.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
The FBI Director has no business in the courtroom, ...

... unless as a witness! (And if he makes himself a witness he's already fucked up!)

Comey didn't understand that .... perhaps now he does!

Investigators are not to be advocates for either side, and the statutes, regulations, and guidelines reflect just that FACT. That's a reason for the FBI Director to be a 10 year appointment.
I would like to think that Twitler is smarter than just wanting to cut a deal to kill the Russia probe and that he has a bigger play in motion.

But I really think he's not smarter than that.

Twitler is on his way down. BIGLY.

Comey should have been fired a long time ago. Now he'll get paid.
Reporter Catherine Herridge is reporting that the timing of this action is directly related to the confirmation of Rosenstein as deputy attorney general two weeks ago. After being confirmed, and as Comey's immediate boss, Rosenstein reviewed Comey's actions and determined that he could no longer be an effective leader for the FBI; hence, he advised Comey's removal for the betterment of the bureau.
  • WTF
  • 05-09-2017, 04:51 PM
It was just reported on Fox that in the letter from President Trump to Comey, he thanked him for telling him he was not the target of an ongoing investigation.
Originally Posted by Jackie S
But team Trump is now under investigation...

And does anybody believe that Trump fired him because Comney was basically to mean to Clinton!

But team Trump is now under investigation...
Originally Posted by WTF
Really? Do you have a public source for that tidbit of bullshit?
Could be worse for comey. Hillary could've had him whacked.