Big Ben goes out a winner!

Another era in Pittsburgh sports comes to an end. Ben goes out a winner at Hienz field. He gutted out the last two years. He was physically spent. He gave the game and the Steelers everything he had. Great job Ben.
Textbook!

Got the win!

Thanked the fans

Walked off field with his wife and family!

One more game and 5 years to Canton
Great sendoff

Ben will have played 18 seasons, all with the Steelers. That's the longest tenure for any QB in NFL history to play with just one team.
A Steeler from start-to-finish

During Ben's 18-year career, the Steelers have headed into the last week of the season eliminated from playoff contention just twice: 2006 and 2012. (He was hurt in 2019)
Great send off for a great player he will be missed post game was very bittersweet if it didn't bring a tear to your eye call the coroner cuz you're already dead inside
... Lads --- I surely aint trying to be the jerk with the
jackstraw, the monkey in the milk, or the turd in the soup
- BUT - there IS always the chance that if contract over
- a "contender" finds Ben half-way thru the season next year
and he plays on.

There IS that chance - isn't there??

just sayin'

#### Salty
That was the best game ever, Ben is a class act. I kinda wish the kill shot from Harris would have been a pass, but it was great either way. And the interception to give him a last snap was a perfect. The announcer said Tomlin tried to call time out to get in 1 more but everyone had swarmed the field already and the refs missed it.
... Lads --- I surely aint trying to be the jerk with the
jackstraw, the monkey in the milk, or the turd in the soup
- BUT - there IS always the chance that if contract over
- a "contender" finds Ben half-way thru the season next year
and he plays on.

There IS that chance - isn't there??

just sayin'

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
No chance
  • Devo
  • 01-04-2022, 01:56 PM
I'm glad for him, but he has had the team destroyed around him, in part, because of the coach and their woke owners.

You cannot build a team with the best hyphenated players, you draft the best players, its that simple.

Its sad because he brought me some good memories, that Arizona superbowl, was just amazing.

I was sad, because he's the last connection to the Steelers I grew up with, and exorcised the Demons of Bloody Blister, Mark Malone, and Slash.

Made us proud again.

That's why at this point, I am glad for him, but my hate of the ownership and the current coach is only going to get worse, because we are going back to irrelevance, and childish players, It wouldn't surprise me to see them bring Antonio Brown back next year.
Glad to see how him and everyone responded at the game.

In his prime he could typically pull out a comeback win when it mattered most.

Finally, how about the local sport casters that said he should have retired before the season. These will be the same people complain for possibly the next 20 years over the draft if we don't get another Hall of Fame QB. Ask Cleveland about drafting QB's.
Glad to see how him and everyone responded at the game.

In his prime he could typically pull out a comeback win when it mattered most.

Finally, how about the local sport casters that said he should have retired before the season. These will be the same people complain for possibly the next 20 years over the draft if we don't get another Hall of Fame QB. Ask Cleveland about drafting QB's. Originally Posted by Chase7
Well, the fact of the matter of the matter is Ben could have retired after last season. He decided to come back for another season and 22 million. I don’t blame him one bit. His abilities and performance are way down due to age and the physical beatings he took over the years. Last night was the worst game statistically of his career. The Steelers stepped up and sent him out a winner. They had his back. He had theirs for almost 2 decades. Alls well that ends well.
Going to be difficult as a team to recreate that emotional high for the Ravens game. Ben needs to reach down deep one more time.
Great send off. I was there. Too damn cold but felt good to give him his due respect. I stopped thinking athletes are role models or even great people years ago, but he’s a decent, fallible man that was one hell of a competitor that kind of grew up right in front of us.
The best shot of the night was when Ben was walking in the tunnel after the game with his family, he was obviously limping and in pain, but he had his kids with him. Perfect. The old gunslinger walking off.
That tie was painful earlier in the season, but did ultimately lead to Ben getting one last playoff game.

So it's not quite over yet
winner" Originally Posted by bambino
Perhaps as a quarterback but as a human being he is a looser.