Tantra - what on earth does it mean...?

Hey, all,

Here's a question that has bothered me for a while, and I'm just now asking it because of a recent posting by a lady (and no, this question is not related to her specifically - her post just brought it to mind).

For the purpose of this discussion, just so that we can be very frank about it, let's take the whole p4p discussion off the table. Just for now, let's say that I meet an attractive woman, she says she's a tantra expert, and wants to show me what it is all about.

Everytime I see "tantra" advertised, I always get the question in my head of "what is it, and what does it include?". You look at the websites of some of these folks (and no, I didn't look at the most recent lady's, if she has one), and you see stuff like "a spiritual sharing between two individuals" and "a mystical experience of the soul's journey through life". Okay, that is great, but it gives me absolutely no idea of what is included. It tells me quite clearly that it most certainly will NOT be some sort of PSE experience or something like that, and that is fine (although PSE, when done well, is absolutely jaw-dropping).

My question is, if I'm going to be very basic about it - is it self serve after you're all revved up, does intercourse traditionally follow, do I get happy and excited and kicked out when I verge into the sexual? The various descriptions that I have read are so incredibly vague that I really have no idea what to expect. So, if someone on here is in the know, clue a brother in, if you get the chance.
The tantra "experts" I have had the pleasure of meeting had a way of touching that maximizes prolonged pleasure via the most sensitive nerves of the male body. It can be thru masssage or intercourse. Many books on tantric sex. I still have a lot to learn. :-)
I've had tantric sessions twice with the same lady. The beginning of the first session emphasized breathing techniques to relax yourself. The rest of the session (90 minutes long) involved a highly sensual erotic massage. I went back to her a year later and the entire 90 minute session involved massage only. She would undress only to her panties (everything else off) and she gave one hell of a HJ with lots of starts/stops.
Okay, gents, muchas gracias. That helps! It just never seemed like details were really "out there" for casual reading.
Be aware that the goal of true tantric massage is NOT orgasm. If orgasm comes (heh), that's OK, but the massage is supposed to continue. If it doesn't come, then the recipient is not supposed to give directions as you would normally ("faster," whatever.)

Here's a link about tantric massage. "Yoni" and "lingam" are hers and his parts, respectively.
I looked it up on Wickenpedia.

Tantra: " the art of getting money without sucking cock"
In layman's terms, the Eastern version of edging.
I've "trained" with three "dakinis" and harkuntome is right--no cock sucking was involved. I did however learn how to prolong intercourse without a pop for up to an hour. Obviously YMMV. The worst of the practitioners are just "providers" that won't provide sex , the best are really into making sex an extended experiential experiences. It can be expensive--I though it was worth it in the end. But it's hard to find reliable tantra in Austin IMHO.
....... the best are really into making sex an extended experiential experience. It can be expensive--I though it was worth it in the end. But it's hard to find reliable tantra in Austin IMHO. Originally Posted by Happy Diver
Imagine a session of cowgirl where other than light touch there is zero movement outside of her body... your eyes and hers never look elsewhere....... your orgasm is builds, pauses, builds pauses, repetitively till you come together and it is longer and more intense that you can imagine.....

There was a Houston legend famous for her ability to take a man places he had never been.......

I've experienced it a few times but never with someone I did not have a connection with....
That's a great question. Tantra itself is an eastern belief system, like Buddhism or Hinduism. (Same part of the world.) Covers more than just sex. Chakras, and energy and spiritual enlightenment. But part of the worship is sex, and the idea of tantric sex is to have heavenly good sex. I'd agree with Jessie that it's about delaying gratification, or perhaps with the idea that the longer you wait before climax, the better it is when you do.

I think you can break it down to two very different sides, like yoga for example. You can do it just like pilates, or your can actually follow a Yogi. So with tantra, you can follow techniques, or you can really delve into the religion.

On the face of it, I'd imagine any woman interested in the topic would be very attentive, skilled, and a great partner. Maybe even well-traveled.

Specifically, to p4p, it's hard to say. No first-hand experience. But let's speculate. Sometimes it will be bs. Sometimes it will be a crazy hippie chick that's into it. I would suspect, tho, most of the time it will be a massage provider who found a way to double the ask. Best case is what Whispers describes, or what you imagine as jaw dropping.

An interesting topic to explore...
Tantra comes from the Sanskrit word, to weave

It was developed to help men learn spirituality. It is a path. HBO has done a lot to make it just about sex, and its really not.... though, it is a sexual path to a higher state of consciousness.

Its about connecting..... at a level that most typically don't get close to. ( not saying one can't its just very intense ).

The highest state is Bindu, where you are one with the universe and your lover.... its all the same.

I studied for 15 years with Sunyata Saraswati and Bodhi Avinasha.

Bodhi still teaches, ..... Google Ipsulu Tantra, or Bodhi Avinasha.
Sunyata had a book and video series, called the Jewel in the Lotus.
That's a great question. Tantra itself is an eastern belief system, like Buddhism or Hinduism. (Same part of the world.) Covers more than just sex. Chakras, and energy and spiritual enlightenment. But part of the worship is sex, and the idea of tantric sex is to have heavenly good sex. I'd agree with Jessie that it's about delaying gratification, or perhaps with the idea that the longer you wait before climax, the better it is when you do.

I think you can break it down to two very different sides, like yoga for example. You can do it just like pilates, or your can actually follow a Yogi. So with tantra, you can follow techniques, or you can really delve into the religion.

On the face of it, I'd imagine any woman interested in the topic would be very attentive, skilled, and a great partner. Maybe even well-traveled.

Specifically, to p4p, it's hard to say. No first-hand experience. But let's speculate. Sometimes it will be bs. Sometimes it will be a crazy hippie chick that's into it. I would suspect, tho, most of the time it will be a massage provider who found a way to double the ask. Best case is what Whispers describes, or what you imagine as jaw dropping.

An interesting topic to explore... Originally Posted by kingarthur

What he said!
At the least its orgasm denial.
Sometimes you get lucky and it is actually life changing event. I always enjoy someone who can hold my gaze. That to me is an indication that the intensity isn't intimidating to them and that kind of experience is possible. They are at least open to it.
Imagine a session of cowgirl where other than light touch there is zero movement outside of her body... your eyes and hers never look elsewhere....... your orgasm is builds, pauses, builds pauses, repetitively till you come together and it is longer and more intense that you can imagine.....

There was a Houston legend famous for her ability to take a man places he had never been.......

I've experienced it a few times but never with someone I did not have a connection with.... Originally Posted by Whispers
Wow Whispers...
That was actually sweet. I knew you had it in you!
Wow Whispers...
That was actually sweet. I knew you had it in you! Originally Posted by Jessie Austin
No Jessie.....

Let me explain......

I did not have it in me......

I had it in her......

Try to keep up honey....... SL said you want to learn how to roll with the big boys........ I suggested we burn you to the ground and see if you can rise from ashes.... He seemed to want a softer approach...... All I can think of is you have a friend he wants to fuck....

Try taking your quotes and paste them off site into a word processor and then enter your response..... read it back to yourself and ask yourself how YOU would respond to it if someone you did not like said it and you wanted to be argumentative....

Then... when you think you know ..... rewrite it...... until you don't have a comeback.....

Bring it here and post it and either SL or myself and we will STILL take it apart and use you to make a point......

Why?

Because you don't have it in you!.....

That's called a "call back" darlin.....

Study it all for a while....
There are two schools of tantra, often called the right hand and left hand paths.

Orgasm Denial is NOT part of the left hand path. Delay of ejaculation yes, but orgasm denial NO.
Orgasm and ejaculation in men are two distinctly different physiological responses.

Sunyata had a great analogy, just look at the teachers of each path.
The denial path, they were old, yes, but looked like prunes.

Sunyata was in his late 60's when I first me him and Bodhi. He appeared to be in his mid 30's. Enough said.