Prepare For A 15% Food Price Surge, Rabobank Warns

It's Bush's fault.
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 12:16 PM
prepare for the end result of a severe drought
prepare for the end result of a severe drought Originally Posted by CJ7
It's also the devaluing dollar. More dollars for oil, base food ingredients like corn and soybeans, also livestock feed...
The Continuous Commodity Index, The Producer Price Index and The Consumer Price Index says it all. Oops... sorry, the Consumer Price Index does not add in the price of food and energy anymore. Gee, wonder why?
Most people spend most of their dollars of food and energy.
Wonder if that's why...
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 12:34 PM
we need rain
SEE can you delete your inbox? I'm tired of stalking you in public.
So, will farmers plant more, less, or the same amount of corn next spring, versus 2012.
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 04:47 PM
we NEED rain ..

IMO farmers always plant regardless ... then hope and pray for the best

corn in these parts grew to about 2 feet tall and the ears were less than 5 inches long ..

we NEED rain

end of story
Could you imagine a national irrigation system, that would eliminate this perpetual praying for rain (or praying for it to stop.)

2011, I saw the Mississippi river at pretty much all time high levels. One year later, it was at almost record low level. Seems we don't have a water problem, we have a distribution problem. And the one thing this country seems to be able to still do really well is move stuff from point A to B.
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 05:01 PM
getting the mississippi over the rockies to nevada might be a problem
I have shares in a Chinese hog farm, are they gonna sore?
Rain and ethanol plus fuel costs...
SEE can you delete your inbox? I'm tired of stalking you in public. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
you proclaiming yourself to be a stalker!!!!????:cheez y:
getting the mississippi over the rockies to nevada might be a problem Originally Posted by CJ7
UGH, they're already getting mississippi water thru one of the feeder rivers. colorado river is one of those feeder rivers.

I don't think getting water over to nevada be a problem, but the construction of the pipeline might be costly.
15% will be small compared to the increase in prices since Obama took office.
I have brought this up numerous times and nobody even blinks.