Question for the Austin crowd...

I'm going to be traveling to Austin tomorrow and staying until Tuesday morning. I'm going up to watch the mst3k live show and figured I would set up shop while I'm in town. What's the best area in town to stay in for the hobby ? I would like to meet as many new friends up there as possible as I plan on making my trips up there a regular occurrence and I want to be somewhere that is easy to travel to for y'all Austin hobbyists
For ease of access it would be along the 35 or the 183 (but not where they intersect!). For a bit better area that's very hobby friendly I would go with the arboretum.
There is an area known as the vagina triangle which would be the best area for ease of hobbyists and maximum travel exposure. However, I would recommend if you want something nice either downtown area hotels or the Arboretum area nice hotels (which interestingly enough is part of the far north/western area of the vagina triangle)

The vagina triangle is roughly from the actual nice apartment/shopping area (high-end) known as The Triangle at the Guadalupe/Lamar intersection running all the way north to I35/290 hotels, then north more to I35/183 hotels, finally farthest north to I35/Rundberg hotels, then westward from there all the way across to the Arboretum/Great Hills area at Mopac and finally in a straight line back south down to the Triangle apartments and shopping area mentioned earlier.

The worst areas in terms of sleaze factor by far are the I35/Rundberg areas, the I35/290 area, as well as I35/183 areas (with certain exceptions).

I would recommend the actual Triangle shopping area/apts or the Arboretum, Gateway Shopping Center, or Great Hills area. Those latter ones are all located around or just northwest of the Mopac/183 intersection.

At any rate the area I explained, the entire region, has always been known as: Vagina Triangle