Of interest to some of us here, I'm sure

Great article bcg, I wish more people were open minded enough to support decriminalization. It's sad how closed minded alot of people are.
  • frodo
  • 08-18-2015, 12:03 PM
With the Bible-thumpers in charge, never going to happen, no matter how compelling the evidence for legalization is
With the Bible-thumpers in charge, never going to happen, no matter how compelling the evidence for legalization is Originally Posted by frodo
They aren't. They're just a loud and usually well to do obnoxious majority that is necessary to bilk to win an election. They're losing ground constantly on issues they fight tooth and nail on. Abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research. All huge hot button topics and everything has swung further toward reason than religious fanaticism. The people you need to watch out for are highly uneducated loudmouths that consistently get their facts wrong. That's the biggest enemy in any of these situations. They spew propaganda and work to whip people into a frenzy. People will say things that are inherently contradictory because it's a quote they heard from someone on the tv.

So blame the gullibility and idiocy of the general populace and the people who want to take advantage of it for temporary fame. It'll happen eventually. Maybe even in the next 10 years if evidence and more studies come out and show that standard thinking is almost entirely fictional bullshit. The human trafficking bit is probably the most damning thing to nay-sayers arguments. If more evidence can be shown that there is very little or no link between legalized prostitution and human trafficking for the purposes of sex (which would be the only causal effect legalization could reasonably have) then that puts a pretty hard stop to many peoples' strongest arguments.

Oh and blame the fucking news for giving these loudmouths a platform to vomit stupidity from in the first place. The only reason they have the nut jobs on in the first place is that they get ratings. And celebrities. Especially uneducated line-fed celebrities that support a cause because they were suckered in by a good sales pitch.

Man I hate people.
Tell us how you really feel
Man I hate people. Originally Posted by Kabarakh
"You wouldn't know it, from some of the things I've said over the years, but I like people... I do... I like people, but I like them in short bursts. I don't like people for extended periods of time. I'm all right with them for a little while, but once you get past around a minute, minute-and-a-half, I gotta get the fuck outta there."
--George Carlin

Cheers,

bcg
"You wouldn't know it, from some of the things I've said over the years, but I like people... I do... I like people, but I like them in short bursts. I don't like people for extended periods of time. I'm all right with them for a little while, but once you get past around a minute, minute-and-a-half, I gotta get the fuck outta there."
--George Carlin

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
While I'll never claim the intelligence, humor or eloquence of Mr. Carlin, the comparison is probably closer than you'd think. But even if it wasn't meant as a comparison I still take it as a compliment.

I mean... work face
While I'll never claim the intelligence, humor or eloquence of Mr. Carlin, the comparison is probably closer than you'd think. But even if it wasn't meant as a comparison I still take it as a compliment.

I mean... work face Originally Posted by Kabarakh
The Carlin line I quote resonates with me because I'm extremely introverted, and I very much know what he's saying here... I like people ok, as long as I don't have to deal with them for too long at a time. Maybe a bit longer than a minute and a half, but not much more than that. ;-)

Some people I can understand hating more than others. Politicians, for example... ;-)

Cheers,

bcg