Too all the brave men and woman serving our country.

Well, I must say I was shocked no one has honored and thanked the wonderful men and women who give us the safe and wonderful country of America safe over all the hard war's.
I have heard first hand ..the struggles , the hurt, the PRIDE, and the horrifying trauma it leaves these veterans with not only physical but emotional hardships they face when they return home.
I pray for the men a nd women across seas now fighting for a war that they even admit is unneeded. I hope everyone takes the time OUT these wonderful people who have us living freely and without fear everyday of our lives. I also wish the best for the families that worry everyday for their loved ones with barely any contact what so ever besides month late notes... I salute you SOLDIERS!!!

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpre...rip=all&w=500s war
I began a tread this morning at 10:37 am, (right below this one). However as a Veteran myself, I will say that there is no such thing as too many "thank you" to honor those who have served!

Well, I must say I was shocked no one has honored and thanked the wonderful men and women who give us the safe and wonderful country of America safe over all the hard war's.
Originally Posted by Callie Valleywood
Well, I must say that I found it kind of refreshing, and was hoping against hope that this would be the first place where I could go the entire day without a "thank you for your service" post.

And before any of y'all give me shit about my lack of patriotism and suggest I go over to Syria and join ISIS, I am myself a veteran (though there is no need to be overawed by that: I am not brave nor am I a hero, and my service for king and country primarily involved nothing more dangerous than flying a large metal desk for 8 hours a day); I'm just getting a bit tired of the constant fetishizing of military service and veterans. As I mentioned in the "Green Light" post earlier, I'd gladly forego the "thanks for your service" in return for a Congress and Executive Branch which will do something real and substantive for veterans after asking them to give up their lives and limbs to do the dirty work that the rest of the fat, dumb, and happy citizens of This Fading Republic seem to be unwilling to do themselves.

Ok. Rant over.

Cheers,

bcg