KC intel

I know a bit about the area, from my years of traveling there. But not enough. Any Intel would be appreciated.

Besides Wallace State Park. Any other GOOD hiking/jogging trails? I don't mind a 20 min or so drive to get to a good trail. I prefer trails over my daily gym workout.

Authentic THAI- (Tom Yum) and of course PHO???
Near or within 20min drive from around downtown/University medical area.

Any snow Or rain in the forcast for next week??
I want to be prepared!!
Watkins Mill State Park is closer than Wallace. The horse trail is a few miles.
But consider:
Stocksdale Park in Liberty which has a few miles of hiking trails.
Martha Lafite Thompson Nature Sanctuary, also Liberty, also has a few miles of trails.
Both fairly close to all the Liberty restaurants/bars.
A few of the North of River hobby folks, gals and guys, have a couple fav places to hang and throwing winks at others who are also out on a date has occurred.
Over in Parkville, the riverfront park there got swamped by the Missouri river a few months ago and is not back in shape yet. Did have nice trails.

As for weather, bring a winter sweater.
As far as thai food mission ks thai orchid very tasty
Two Thai girls (SweetSexyParis and Asian_Emily) told me the most authentic Thai food is at Lemongrass, 7316 W. 80th, downtown Overland Park. I hope they come back to KC soon.
Vietnam Cafe in the River Market (north of downtown KC, MO) or at 39th and Rainbow (midtown KC, KS)
If you want both in close proximity. Go the the river front park in KCMO. You can walk there from the free parking lots in the River Market. When you are done, there are a few asian places to get PHO in the same area. Plus it will be close to your downtown/university location.
This is past your range, but Lawrence KS has a like 10 mile river trail on the North side of the Kansas river. It is well maintained and totally wooded. Not for the weak of heart. You need to be in shape.
I like
https://mostateparks.com/park/weston-bend-state-park

I went there couple years ago and took nekkid pics in the woods

I am coming to KC next week but guess its gonna be too cold to visit the park..sad face

Dress warm..have fun sexy!!
I like
https://mostateparks.com/park/weston-bend-state-park

I went there couple years ago and took nekkid pics in the woods

I am coming to KC next week but guess its gonna be too cold to visit the park..sad face

Dress warm..have fun sexy!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Well Dallas you can still visit Weston. Just run the steps at O'Malley"s Pub. Three stories underground. Not much exercise but a nice experience.
Maybe I’ll have some Thai food this week while I’m visiting l. I used to eat a lot of it when I lived in Hawaii
Hmmm Tail. Lol

Miss m.. have fun!