Texting App

I use Google Voice and am happy with it, but I am in need of a secondary texting app. I tried text free and it was trash. Interested in hearing what everyone else likes.
I use text now, but I rarely get replies on it. Or if i do, it's along the lines of "I don't meet people who use texting apps" lol. Not sure what the game is there, perhaps potential blackmail by getting my name and such off my real number if I gave it to them?
Baby Girl,

Why not just get a cheap track phone? I use one. 25 bucks a month talk and text. I don't want to sound all tin foil hat like but, Google's always watching(they work with the government as well). Texting apps always give me issues with my phone. Makes it slow and buggy. That's why I switched to a track phone.
I’ve used GV for several years now & like it. It’s much better now that you can attach photos and the multi-text bugs are fixed. I use it more for the convenience than trying to manage two phones.
I agree that’s it’s more prone to surveillance for sure. But if they want you I don’t think a burner phone will be your saving grace.
Baby Girl,

Why not just get a cheap track phone? I use one. 25 bucks a month talk and text. I don't want to sound all tin foil hat like but, Google's always watching(they work with the government as well). Texting apps always give me issues with my phone. Makes it slow and buggy. That's why I switched to a track phone. Originally Posted by EvelynBlack
Good answer for both providers and us mongers.
Thanks for the input. For me and my life, having multiple phones doesn't work. I have and love GV, but I need an additional texting app for other reasons.
Nextplus is what I use. Gives you a free number and I’ve never had a problem with it on my iPhone.
I have used Sideline and paid for the ad free app. It was like 2.99 or something. It worked well.
I use textmeup. It worked well for quite a while on my Samsung. The latest update may have given me a hijack bug which can give some false virus warnings but mostly it still works fine. I should reinstall it but haven't taken the time yet. I figure it's easier to hid an app than an extra phone and it does have a seperate password to open it. Good luck.
I use TextNow. There's some minor ads on it which can get annoying but for a small fee you can pay to remove them. Not the best for long phone calls (not good sound quality in poor wifi areas) but im text only so doesnt really affect me. Ive been using the same number on TextNow for a year and a half with minimal frustrations. I'd recommend it.
After I had trash my old trac fone, I started using test free. For the small amount of hobbying I do its ok. I'm curious though, some providers state in their ads that they wont accept calls from apps. How can you tell the call is from an app in the first place, and why is it any different than receiving a call from a burner phone?
After I had trash my old trac fone, I started using test free. For the small amount of hobbying I do its ok. I'm curious though, some providers state in their ads that they wont accept calls from apps. How can you tell the call is from an app in the first place, and why is it any different than receiving a call from a burner phone? Originally Posted by taggert
NPA-NXX lookup reveals who owns the block of numbers. I suppose there's a perceived anonymity with both aps and burner phones.
You can create another gmail account and get a second Google voice number that way. You can use both numbers on your phone at the same time.
You can create another gmail account and get a second Google voice number that way. You can use both numbers on your phone at the same time. Originally Posted by casualpi
Haven't been able to figure out how to do that without logging out of the app, then back in under a different number. I need to be able to receive texts from each number simultaneously.

Thanks for all the input everyone!
You can create another gmail account and get a second Google voice number that way. You can use both numbers on your phone at the same time. Originally Posted by casualpi
Google has become way too invasive of our personal information, I won't use it..........