Question

Hey guys,
I'm not sure if i'm posting in the right place but here it goes. Since I'm a newbie few of the "fewbie friendly" providers that i approached has told me to send them a picture of my ID. Is that a common procedure? Is that even safe? Im not even sure..plz help
No never do that shit.
No, Bad idea
You can avoid all that by using P411
You never show your I.D. or tell a provider or anyone related to the hobby your real name or info.
JR
id has all your personal information...address etc....No
Yeah, just see girls that don't screen. Problem solved. Good luck.
+1 on p411. Search for newbie friendly providers and have fun. Never had to produce my ID and wouldn't have in the first place. That's what p411 is for. There are more than just a few providers that will see you. My first p411 provider was Melody of True Companions USA. She's still with TCUSA and she's fabulous.......
NFW. No Fucking Way.

Watch ads for newbie friendly and/or post ISO for newbie friendly.

Torito
  • Rehke
  • 01-18-2014, 02:27 AM
Yeah, just see girls that don't screen. Problem solved. Good luck. Originally Posted by BBW Katrina
If your idea of screening is asking for a pic or to see my ID, well, you just failed my idea of screening. I'm with Torito on this one, NFW!

Just like I wouldn't expect a provider to reveal her personal information either.
I'd say it depends on how well you've done your research and how reputable she is. A lady that has a solid reputation to protect has little interest in screwing with your personal life. It is very difficult to feel comfortable with a newbie, an unknown, unproven grown man, walking through your door. If you've picked the lady you want to see, and she has a good reputation, then make a judgment call on how safe YOU feel. All these blanket statements of "no fucking way" aren't much help to you.

For instance, they'd tell you the same thing about deposits or prepayment, which are a requirement of my newbie screening. However, I could give you at least half a dozen references (with their permission, of course) from guys whom I have returned their deposit with no issues after I had to cancel an appointment. You'll not find a single one that will say I refused or forgot to return theirs (except the couple of guys that showed up behaving badly and were asked to leave).

So blanket advice like you've been getting should always be considered, however your own judgment should prevail. You're the one that's looked into this lady. Do YOU think you can trust her with your info? Why not reach out to some of the guys that have seen her and get their opinions?
At best, requests for personal information disclosure should be reciprocal, Caroline.

The problem of requiring personal information is compounded when there is a third party booking agent involved that has no credibility at stake and no visible history by which one could predict future outcomes. You may be the most trust worthy provider in the nation, but what keeps your booking agent from saving a log and then one day either innocently allowing that information to become compromised or nefariously using the information to impose upon both you and your clients?

Precedent of privacy is comforting, but if one imagines precedent consisting of average-joe clients and you have a high level politician or corporate mogul or famous performer or a professional athlete or someone of that caliber nibbling the bait, the precedent oath of secrecy may not be so easily trusted while the risk/ reward ratio reaches a whole new level for the client. Never having that prospective client could be a shame for you as in such scenarios the reward side of the equation for you could go off the charts.

I suppose when your booking agent asks for full name, age and so on that one could lie, but the best and most generous clients you might have ever known may not hold themselves in high esteem through the deceit.

If credibility from past encounters and the people involved with them should carry as much weight as you defend in your post, Caroline, perhaps there could be other credentials you should accept such as the firm testimony of someone you know and trust who will vouch for a prospective client outside the normal protocol of your booking agent.

It appears your methods work for you. The best businesspersons, in my experience, are always striving to improve their business. One vector of improvement in this business may be to create options that reduce friction for prospective high value clients.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested in hearing more ideas from the client's perspective on this.
Tell them, you will show them yours if they show your theirs.
  • Rehke
  • 01-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Sauce for the goose.

Only if you're going to show yours. Are YOU willing to take the same risks?

IDC how frigging reputable you are. People do dumb shit at times. Asking someone to take on that risk is frankly, no go, no way, not ever.

The "blanket" advice given by experienced hobbyists is born of seeing the same stupid things happen time after time.

I'd say it depends on how well you've done your research and how reputable she is. A lady that has a solid reputation to protect has little interest in screwing with your personal life. It is very difficult to feel comfortable with a newbie, an unknown, unproven grown man, walking through your door. If you've picked the lady you want to see, and she has a good reputation, then make a judgment call on how safe YOU feel. All these blanket statements of "no fucking way" aren't much help to you.

For instance, they'd tell you the same thing about deposits or prepayment, which are a requirement of my newbie screening. However, I could give you at least half a dozen references (with their permission, of course) from guys whom I have returned their deposit with no issues after I had to cancel an appointment. You'll not find a single one that will say I refused or forgot to return theirs (except the couple of guys that showed up behaving badly and were asked to leave).

So blanket advice like you've been getting should always be considered, however your own judgment should prevail. You're the one that's looked into this lady. Do YOU think you can trust her with your info? Why not reach out to some of the guys that have seen her and get their opinions? Originally Posted by CarolineDavenport
Well that got a bit aggressive awfully quickly.

All I'll say is that no, it's not a two way street, because I'm not the unknown party. As a newbie, he's asking a woman to allow him private access to her with no record of good behavior. I, and many other ladies, have excellent records of good behavior. Why do I need to prove myself to him? HE is the unknown, risky party. Maybe some ladies are willing to see gents without any information or deposits to protect themselves and their business. If he's uncomfortable with a lady that is cautious in some way, then he is of course welcome to find someone else.

I was simply offering another perspective besides a blanket statement. Not all of us ladies are out to "get" you, just like not all of you gents are out to "get" us. But there's no wrong in either side doing whatever it takes to make themselves comfortable.
FunWithRandy,
I love your mind so much!! That's a terrific post. Well-thought out and organzied. You get an A.

Greekboy,
Thank you for introducing a new fun word to my hobby vocabulary: FEWBIE