Don Cherry gets fired on Remembrance Day!

For suggesting all Canadians, even immigrants, wear a poppy to honor Canadian Vets.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...py-comment/amp

I wonder if HoeDummer owns a poppy. Or knows what one is?
Give your balls a tug, bambulbous. I was watching some of Saturday night's game.

Don Cherry is a fucking national treasure. Cares about people and animals. Political correctness is probably a bigger thing in Canada than it is where you come from. Always has been. But Coach always gets a pass, even when he says stupid things. I suppose he tripped over the line the other nights.

The only poppy you care about is that poppy sound made when you stick in your thumb and pull out a plum, eh?
Give your balls a tug, bambulbous. I was watching some of Saturday night's game.

Don Cherry is a fucking national treasure. Cares about people and animals. Political correctness is probably a bigger thing in Canada than it is where you come from. Always has been. But Coach always gets a pass, even when he says stupid things. I suppose he tripped over the line the other nights.

The only poppy you care about is that poppy sound made when you stick in your thumb and pull out a plum, eh? Originally Posted by HoeHummer
You tell us HoeHamaser

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1855201

EH?
i'll bite, since this is a british and canadian thing.

why is wearing poppy controversial????
Not just a Canadian tradition. It’s a WWI thing.

And a bamgugger thing, the sound made when he sticks in his thumb and pulls out a plum. Or is that a plumber?
Not just a Canadian tradition. It’s a WWI thing. Originally Posted by HoeHummer
And political correctness goes apeshit again.
Sad but true.
I think most people would agree with what he said , But in progressive snowflake/ball land political correctness goes crazy again
I don’t know if “most people would agree with that.” Elsewise they wouldn’t have fired him. By “most people,” are you talking about the American stupid class because they don’t get a say in Canadian affairs, except of course when Trudeau buggers Trump’s wife and daughter.

We’ve got our own stupid class. Its still the minority, just like the AMERICAN stupid class. Only in America, they think they get to shoot their fellow citizens.
i'll bite, since this is a british and canadian thing.

why is wearing poppy controversial???? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

anti-war trope? this is as stupid as stupid gets.

what is their objection to wearing a poppy flower on themselves????