Professional photos or amateur photos

I am looking for everyone's input please. I am shopping for a professional photographer at this moment. Some of my clients are telling me they prefer amateur photos and selfies instead.

What does everyone prefer?
That they are representative of the person answering the door.
As long as the photos do not misrepresent or mislead us... I would say have both and have the selfies directed by a professional (light, angle... what to wear).
I think a mix of both works for most people. I have done some pro shoots and wasn’t happy with how much they decided to photoshop me or I just didn’t like them in general so I didn’t use them for very long or didn’t use them at all. It’s hard to find a photographer you click with also.

I prefer to use selfies as I feel they are more representative of my personality and what I really look like. I love to see “looks just like her pics” in the description of my reviews.
That they are representative of the person answering the door. Originally Posted by BBW Katrina
Exactly! There’s a lot to be said for imprompt or candids that are recent and accurate. The ladies that post a month and date definitely get my attention. Great hair, skin and nails are just as important as the other assets. I don’t think professional pics help that much
Exactly! There’s a lot to be said for imprompt or candids that are recent and accurate. The ladies that post a month and date definitely get my attention. Great hair, skin and nails are just as important as the other assets. I don’t think professional pics help that much Originally Posted by FunMonday
100% agree, and....they are CLEAR pictures. The awful blurry/dark ones are kind of inexcusable, modern Smartphones take very good pictures these days.
Both .... Professional photos to showcase your caliper. "mirror photos/selfies" to showcase natural beauty.

For the love of God, when taking selfies, move the trash out or the background and take the cigarette out of your hand ;-) ;-) ;-)
I’m becoming more a fan of professional photos, because as far as I know no sane photographer will superimpose animal ears and noses upon his or her subject’s face.
  • BLM69
  • 08-20-2018, 02:34 PM
100% agree, and....they are CLEAR pictures. The awful blurry/dark ones are kind of inexcusable, modern Smartphones take very good pictures these days. Originally Posted by SchnellerFahrer
What about the same pose, angles and face expression in all the pics? Maybe have providers take each others pics and experiment a bit, different guys like different looks
  • Re
  • 08-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Get a friend to help you take a few good pictures, get a few professional ones. And take some selfies. Mix it up.

The bigger issue is keeping them up to date
Encounter photos so guys can see what you really look like when you have a visitor. Not that I have ever pic a lady �� or that I can see them anyway w no pa lol. You can be discreet to your comfort level. I think before n after pics would be awesome in that situation. IMO since I'm a dirty old man (mojie here
I think the turnoff for the more professional photos is the heavy photoshopping and very fake studio background. The ones I see a lot around Dallas like the highly glossy playboy look.

Whenever I did shoots for/with friends, we'd joke, drink, and have a good time. The poses and expressions were more natural/candid, just with nice lighting and camera gear.
Exactly! There’s a lot to be said for imprompt or candids that are recent and accurate. The ladies that post a month and date definitely get my attention. Great hair, skin and nails are just as important as the other assets. I don’t think professional pics help that much Originally Posted by FunMonday
Actually, pro pics show everything. EVERY. THING. The selfie craze exists because the resolution on most of them allow for some level of deception. Cell hone cameras aren't designed to show delicate details, i.e. skin texture, full color spectrum, etc.

I will agree that overly photoshopped images are inherently wrong. It's a learning curve, and the real pros back off of it and find the sweet spot of touching up images.

Pro pics go beyond simply putting on your favorite booty shorts and getting arm length pics from a couple different angles. It's props, lighting, hair and makeup (sometimes), adjustments, readjustments, poses, and other things.

I don't think [many, if not most] providers want to go through the process of a pro shoot, even though the photographer (and crew, if applicable) do most of the work. Yes, it can be a bit tedious, but it's totally worth it if the desired results are achieved.

This may rub a few the wrong way, but I'll say it anyway (it's just an opinion). I think if a provider is really comfortable with her body (and knows she's pretty damn hot), pro pics seem the ideal way to go. Those who aren't comfortable with their looks probably want complete control over the pics taken of them, and only at particular angles.

Even though I fancy myself as a pro and clearly advocate letting the pros do it, a couple nice selfies do enhance showcases. If one insists on a selfie only showcase, they should at least be well done selfies.
I think a mix of both works for most people. I have done some pro shoots and wasn’t happy with how much they decided to photoshop me or I just didn’t like them in general so I didn’t use them for very long or didn’t use them at all. It’s hard to find a photographer you click with also.

I prefer to use selfies as I feel they are more representative of my personality and what I really look like. I love to see “looks just like her pics” in the description of my reviews. Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
'Looks like her pics' also means a provider keeping herself near her 'playing weight', which many fail at. Not all, but many.

Most hobbyists make their money the old fashioned way (the slow, difficult way). When we go through the selection process of picking a provider (based on the strength of her photos), we don't want to be disappointed.

Some providers even abuse the selfie process, using old pics that don't accurately account for how they look today. Not naming anyone in particular...just saying.

They know who they are.
That they are representative of the person answering the door. Originally Posted by BBW Katrina
YUP.

I don't want to see a showcase full of glamour shots if you're gonna be answering the door in a pony tail, tank top, and sweatpants. Be Honest.