Simple question: do you believe in equal justice for everyone?

Doesn't call for a lot of comments or debate. Do you believe that anyone who commits the same crime should face the same consequences?
Doesn't call for a lot of comments or debate. Do you believe that anyone who commits the same crime should face the same consequences? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
no. do you?
Oh, you're one of those hate crime people. Sorry, going to have to put you on ignore. Your personal attacks on me and attacks on the military, plus this attack on basic civil rights...I can't afford to be read talking to a slug like you. Your loss.
Oh, you're one of those hate crime people. Sorry, going to have to put you on ignore. Your personal attacks on me and attacks on the military, plus this attack on basic civil rights...I can't afford to be read talking to a slug like you. Your loss. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Lol. You prove my point as to what a bunch of cowards you Trump "military" people are. Go run and hide and "put me on ignore". Scardy cat MAGA phonies
Oh, you're one of those hate crime people. Sorry, going to have to put you on ignore. Your personal attacks on me and attacks on the military, plus this attack on basic civil rights...I can't afford to be read talking to a slug like you. Your loss. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
STOP...you can take the animal out of the wild, but you can't take the wild out of the animal
Lol. You prove my point as to what a bunch of cowards you Trump "military" people are. Go run and hide and "put me on ignore". Scardy cat MAGA phonies Originally Posted by themystic
I think you just proved his point.
I don't hang out with vagrants, drug addicts, or thieves either. You blew your one chance. Good bye Mystic.

Now, back to the topic at hand.
barley, tm is a troll and is also trying to channel Cjohnny as well.

so in short he's a cjohnny troll. you're better off ignoring him.
I don't hang out with vagrants, drug addicts, or thieves either. You blew your one chance. Good bye Mystic.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
so I guess you stopped going to your family reunions. phony "soldier"
DDo you believe that anyone who commits the same crime should face the same consequences? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
No.

And there's nothing to debate. It's rather settled in this country.
To try to answer your question, yes, with a caveat. Sentence would depend on the number of times the person broke the law. First time offenders should be given more leniency than third time offenders, depending on the crime of course.
there are mitigations

but given a similar fact pattern generally yes, I'd agree

if you mean money and fame and connections and political animus shouldn't play a part, I'd agree, but they always have
Well, I'm not trying to compare apples to oranges. Hypothetically, if the offense was the same and it was the first time an indictment came down for that offense and the alleged crime had the same affect on the system....
Thanks to all the people who've put TM on ignore and don't quote him.

Although I believe in equal justice, circumstances of similar crimes can be very different. That's why there's variations of crimes like murder and a sentencing range.
  • oeb11
  • 03-10-2019, 09:46 AM
To try to answer your question, yes, with a caveat. Sentence would depend on the number of times the person broke the law. First time offenders should be given more leniency than third time offenders, depending on the crime of course. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

The concept is Equal Protection under the Law. SR has a valid point - that aspect is covered under sentencing guidelines. Judges are human and not perfect, but guidelines allow for consideration of factors such as above in sentencing.

Absolutely - Equal Protection under the Law is something I support - even for idiots such as some of those on this forum who set themselves in judgment of all, and place themselves and their special privilege groups above the Law.

Time to ignore the Hateful Trolls.

Nothing Cogent or Constructive to contribute other than name-calling and hate. Happy to enjoy the privileges of American Constitutional Republic - while spewing foulness about the military who serves and protects.

Typical DPST.