ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS ABOUT OBAMA'S THREATENED IMMIGRATION REFORM EO?

There's not a lot of Democratic Representatives, Senators, Governors and even Party Leaders on TV saying "GREAT IDEA, MR. PRESIDENT"?

Sure you can find a rep or two like Rep Gutierrez (D-IL) saying a good idea but few others.

It's like they don't want to be around Obama to suffer the backsplash when the shit hits the fan. Kinda like the 2010 and 2014 election.
Does anyone care that the Constitution only grants Congress the authority to make immigration law and policy? Nope. Didn't think so.
Was anyone paying attention to Oregon? They voted on whether or not illegal aliens should be allowed to have driver's licenses. Remember, liberal, drug using Oregon. The people of Oregon voted to NOT allow illegal aliens driver's licenses by a vote of 68-32. That is how the people of liberal Oregon feel.
Does anyone care that the Constitution only grants Congress the authority to make immigration law and policy? Nope. Didn't think so. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Why would this President know anything about Constitutional Law?
That is how the people of liberal Oregon feel. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
When California went into "the tank" and the illegals roosting in California had nothing to do and California was going broke trying to support them on borrowed money, they migrated to Oregon ... late 90's. The infestation began to ingest Oregon, and some moved on into Washington state along with their liberal thinking caretakers. The "chickens have come home to roost"!

The same "caretakers" broke California (Does Nancy Pelosi ring any bells?), trashing Oregon's economy, and Washington state is next, except it's a little colder than Oregon.

No ID. No vote.
No ID for illegals and no vote, no work, no public assistance, no school, no food stamp. Soft deportation thru attrition.
He has no idea it is illegal, just copying Reagan and Bush #1
Was anyone paying attention to Oregon? They voted on whether or not illegal aliens should be allowed to have driver's licenses. Remember, liberal, drug using Oregon. The people of Oregon voted to NOT allow illegal aliens driver's licenses by a vote of 68-32. That is how the people of liberal Oregon feel. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
No JD, I did not know that. I watched a variety of news sources including MSNBC on election night and never even knew it was on the ballot.

Any of the more liberal posters on the board want to back up the President or offer an explanation of why this is happening? Seems Obama Abandonment Syndrome is becoming a Panamerican epidemic.
He has no idea it is illegal, just copying Reagan and Bush #1 Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Oh, the dimmest bulb tries to shine! Reagan signed a bill sent from Congress. Good try for such a low wattage! Keep up the deflective Dem talking points Mr "I am not an Obama backer"! Now wipe his backsplash off your face.

Obama will be able to do whatever he wants as Congress does not have the balls to stop him.
We all know that any action against the President would be racist because he is half white.
We live in a nation where immigrants seeking to become citizens know more about our Constitution than the citizens born here. What a shame.
Oh, the dimmest bulb tries to shine! Reagan signed a bill sent from Congress. Good try for such a low wattage! Keep up the deflective Dem talking points Mr "I am not an Obama backer"! Now wipe his backsplash off your face.

Originally Posted by gnadfly
LMAO you are really out of the loop.

Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yes, Reagan signed a bill sent from Congress. Also he and Bush #1 signed executive orders extending amnesty to certain family members not covered by the 1986 law.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's anticipated order that would shield millions of immigrants now living illegally in the U.S. from deportation is not without precedent.

Two of the last three Republican presidents — Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — did the same thing in extending amnesty to family members who were not covered by the last major overhaul of immigration law in 1986."

You can read more about it here:
http://www.businessinsider.com/reaga...orders-2014-11
Yes, Reagan signed a bill sent from Congress. Also he and Bush #1 signed executive orders extending amnesty to certain family members not covered by the 1986 law.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's anticipated order that would shield millions of immigrants now living illegally in the U.S. from deportation is not without precedent.

Two of the last three Republican presidents — Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — did the same thing in extending amnesty to family members who were not covered by the last major overhaul of immigration law in 1986."

You can read more about it here:
http://www.businessinsider.com/reaga...orders-2014-11 Originally Posted by chefnerd
Chiefnerd, you've just illustrated why Gruber thinks dim-retards are so stupid. Both Reagan and Bush 41 acted in conjunction with actions taken by Congress: not unilaterally as Odumbo intends to do. Further, Odumbo intends to grant veritable amnesty to more illegals than Reagan and Bush 41 combined at a time when this country is less able to absorb those numbers. 2014 is not 1990. What was economically permissible in 1990 is in no manner justification for Odumbo's economically unsound policies in 2014.

—1986. Congress and Reagan enacted a sweeping overhaul that gave legal status to up to 3 million immigrants without authorization to be in the country, if they had come to the U.S. before 1982. Spouses and children who could not meet that test did not qualify, which incited protests that the new law was breaking up families.

—1989. By a sweeping 81-17 vote, the Senate in July voted to prohibit deportations of family members of immigrants covered by the 1986 law. The House failed to act.

—1990. In February, President George H.W. Bush, acting through the Immigration and Naturalization Service, established a "family fairness" in which family members living with a legalizing immigrant and who were in the U.S. before passage of the 1986 law were granted protection from deportation and authorized to seek employment. The administration estimated up to 1.5 million people would be covered by the policy. Congress in October passed a broader immigration law that made the protections permanent.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...rants-26938527

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6164068.html

And, in 2006, even your boy Odumbo admitted that times and circumstances are different now:

“The number of immigrants added to the labor force every year is of a magnitude not seen in this country for over a century [and] ... it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net."
Why do you assume I am a Dem? Last time I looked, which is when I voted, my voter registration card said Republican.

However, the class of immigrants expected to be covered by the Obama's EO is basically the same class that Reagan and Bush covered in theirs. The big difference with Bush is that Congress had also clearly indicated they were going to tackle the issue.

And btw, there is no letter 'i' in my name.