GOP just revealed their plan on immigration

Good 'ol Mitch said We need to make the US someplace where no one wants to live.
Actually, I expect the GOP leadership to do nothing.

There are some in the Senate and House who will try; but come January, McConnell, Boehner and company will talk the talk but won't walk the walk.

And if we keep on a track of porous borders and weak immigration enforcement, America will look like the places illegals are fleeing.
They want to be
Close to you.....
The GOP had a plan. One that was developed with bipartisan support. It allowed amnesty for around 3 million illegals and secured the borders. Problem is that the new incoming Democratic controlled House defunded the border security after the Amnesty was given by the President and previous Congress.
It's a major reason we can't get anywhere today Fuck me once, shame on you, fuck me twice, shame on me.
Amnesty is immediate and permanent, Securing the border takes time.
The GOP doesn't want to get fucked a second time
If there was some way to guarantee that the border security happens then I would support a certain amount of amnesty in order to compromise and make that happen.
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2014, 09:00 AM
If there was some way to guarantee that the border security happens then I would support a certain amount of amnesty in order to compromise and make that happen. Originally Posted by boardman
How do you propose we secure the Border? A Great Wall of China type security. The reason we have trouble securing our borders is because it is a huge border but I'm willing to listen to you solve the problem that has not been able to be solved. You on the right love to yell about "Securing the Border" like all you have to do is turn a lock.
That is why they want the US to be a place no one want's to live. Then the borders will be secure.
I think the reason that The Republicans will not back any immigration bill put forth by President Obama or the Democrats in general is because the believe they will weasel and lie their way around things to where it will just be "business as usual" when it comes to closing the border.

Once President Obama gets his bill, he will then use the same "collective enforcement" that has become the hallmark of this administration.

And we will be right back were we were, except there will be a whole new voting block to pander to.
Regardless, the GOP could send Obama a tough border security - deportation - employer sanction bill to Obama for his veto......but they won't.

I think the reason that The Republicans will not back any immigration bill put forth by President Obama or the Democrats in general is because the believe they will weasel and lie their way around things to where it will just be "business as usual" when it comes to closing the border.

Once President Obama gets his bill, he will then use the same "collective enforcement" that has become the hallmark of this administration.

And we will be right back were we were, except there will be a whole new voting block to pander to. Originally Posted by Jackie S
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Please any body. ...tell me how to secure the Texas/Mexico border. Until someone can come up with that plan .... well let's just say I'm reminded of the saying all bark no bite.

Please any body. ...tell me how to secure the Texas/Mexico border. Until someone can come up with that plan .... well let's just say I'm reminded of the saying all bark no bite.
. Originally Posted by WTF
Personally, I think that ship sailed long ago.

The truth is, unless you make the consequenses so dangerous, or so economically unappealing, there is no fix.

We are not willing to do either.
That is why they want the US to be a place no one want's to live. Then the borders will be secure. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
If they ever do secure the border, hopefully you'll be in Mexico picking up your monthly refill of Thorazine.
Good 'ol Mitch said We need to make the US someplace where no one wants to live. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
won't happen till we stop giving people free money/healthcare/plasma tvs
(arent plasma TVs a right?) like healthcare/food/shelther/jobs?
The way to stop illegal immigration is to stop selling them international money orders or allowing wire transfers of funds to Mexico by non-US citizens. Its bullshit that they conbribute to our economy. They live cheap, don't carry auto insurance, broke our laws to get here and send every spare dollar back to Mexico. At least the competing labor union members SPEND THEIR INCOME HERE!!
Good 'ol Mitch said We need to make the US someplace where no one wants to live. Originally Posted by i'va biggen

How the hell is Mitch going to pull that off ?
Obamenajihad has already ruint the nation for anyone with an I.Q. above potato !
Without a fence, immigration reform (reforming the previous failed attempt) is just lip service for their constituents, on both sides. Mexicans have been illegally crossing our borders, starting from the day we made it illegal. And you think this group of loons in the three branches is capable of figuring out a way to secure the border without a fence? You are being Grubered

I can't believe we haven't learned from that wonderful piece of work in 86 and the four or five others. It will simply be the same thing over again: We will pass a new law, and on that very day and every day from, more will come across the border and break the new reform law of 2014/15. So what are we going to do with them the next day when we catch one? The same thing, and talk about it again after another four or five million?