Travel warning

Just read this travel warning on the US embassy in Columbia website. Columbia also has a level 3 travel warning. Can anyone who is currently or recently in Columbia give their opinion on the safety of traveling there?

https://co.usembassy.gov/security-al...-applications/
I go there a couple of times a year.
So u gotta think with ur brain and not ur dick.
Use reviewed girls and rent a place that allow girls that has security (you ck girls in and you ck girls out) and a safe.
Sure, gonna cost more, but might save u from being drugged, robbed or end up dead.
I'm here now in Colombia.. with no problems.. I did rent a car and there are police stops at night similar to Mexico.. So just make sure you aren't drinking and driving and not doing any thing shady. but Hobby situation is still great. Especially in Medellin... Cartagena is a little weird lately. The clock tower is being overrun by cops so it looks like they moved everything down the street. Not sure why...
But overall everything seems pretty normal... I'm sure the US embassy has their reason.. but just keep it smart and all is well here.
I'm traveling in Colombia and currently exploring different cities and different options. I'm getting burned out on the big cities, Medellín, Cartagena, Bogota, Cali, etc because I have been there so many times over the years. Colombia has so much more to over other than where all the gringos and foreigners are going and flocking to. It's a herd mentality.