Giving out address

I'm not sure how to handle this situation, but i've had two mishaps just today about giving out my address. I gave my address to a member here on eccie earlier today, he said he is 30 min away then he said something to the effect of my phone is going dead where exactly are you after i get to that address, i told him he would need to charge his phone. he said he couldnt and can we meet on tues, i didnt respond. 20 min later he said im here, im looking for an atm, then told me there was a bank 1 mile away his phone is at 2% where exactly am i, i told him i cannot tell him exactly where i am and i dont know where he is and that i was not comfortable with him, there is a convenient store right across the street from me and i find it odd how he would need to go further for an atm, now i dont like the feeling that some guy i dont know has my exact address, but when another member scheduled something with me, we had confusion b/c i didnt want to give him the address, I'm sorry guys but I can't continue to give out my exact location especially due to the fact that I work out of my home. I just wanted to hear someone else's comments or opinions, I mean what do you expect a provider to do? If it wasn't for the bullshitters it wouldn't be a problem, but not knowing if some crazie stalker or possibly LE is outside my place watching other members and myself come and go, that just doesn't sit well with me....Do any of you guys understand where I'm coming from??
I can only assume that you live in an apt complex and that you don't give the apt number until they show up, otherwise your problem doesn't make any sense. Even so, if you are going to work from your residence, at some point you are going to have to give out personal info. If this is a problem, perhaps you should set up a separate incall.
You did the right thing. Especialy if you did not know the guy. If you don't feel safe, dont do it. That simple. Assuming the guy was telling the truth, it really sucks to be that close and have it fall through but safety first. You can always reschedule if needed. Even offer to compensate him for his time and effort in some way if needed.

I assume you meant the standard 2 call system with final directions given when the client is near by.

Will be interesting to see the responses. If it was a provider used the her phone was about dead as an excuse for something, we know what the reaction from the guys would be.

FYI, I carry a phone charger for the car. They are not expensive and can be a real life saver.
Tina, I totally agree that it is safety first. If you dont feel comfortable with a guy I personally would not see him. There are too many creeps on eccie and you are pregnant. If I was going to have a provider come to my place, I would not see her if I didnt feel comfortable giving my address to her. If guys give you a bunch of bull, cancel the session. Let your intuition be your guide!!!!!
.....if you are going to work from your residence, at some point you are going to have to give out personal info. If this is a problem, perhaps you should set up a separate incall. Originally Posted by daty/o
+1 but never put the RL situation in jeopardy.
ive been working from here for months now, no problems, yes i completely understand i will have to give out the information at some point......wow, thats how others have gotten here......what im trying to say is, before i know your here, i cant give you my apartment number, especially if i dont know you, have never seen you before and you haven't given any reviews. if it had been a bigger problem getting a separate incall would be my only option, but there again, why would i give someone the room number if i didnt know if they were in the parking lot....im just trying to say, i hope some of you understand why girls dont want to give out there exact location, it's only b/c some take advantage, there is no bank within a mile of my place the guy was lying, and obviously lying b/c like i said there is a convenient store with an atm in it across the street. whether im working out my home or out of a separate location, discretion is a must. it doesnt feel good wondering if some creep or possibly LE is outside my address watching me, or in the clients perspective, what if LE is outside watching you pull in and come into my place, writing down your license plate number?? you wouldnt want that would you??
out OF my home*
I think you must follow your instincts. This is a town of millions of people, some good, some not so good. In the end, you must care for yourself and your loved ones, first! Stay paranoid and careful. Some of us have a soft spot in our hearts for you and want you to stay safe for your family.
  • HDnTX
  • 07-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Working out of you r home is risky for all providers; all it takes is one stalker to help you decide to get a separate incall. I'm not sure if everyone knows the amount of information that is available from an resident address. Be careful .....
just for the record, if LE wants your address, how hard do you think it would be for them to get it. I know everyone wants to be safe, but how does waiting till the client is there b4 you give out a number in any way help you be safer.

How hard would it be to say im on my way, and then say im there. And if i was LE i'm pretty sure i could get around any security measures you might have. I'm just saying. LE isn't stupid, wasn't born yesterday and have been doing their job for YEARS.
There was another thread about a guy getting the address and never showing up a while ago. I was just wondering if they might be related in some way.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=763726
just for the record, if LE wants your address, how hard do you think it would be for them to get it. I know everyone wants to be safe, but how does waiting till the client is there b4 you give out a number in any way help you be safer.

How hard would it be to say im on my way, and then say im there. And if i was LE i'm pretty sure i could get around any security measures you might have. I'm just saying. LE isn't stupid, wasn't born yesterday and have been doing their job for YEARS. Originally Posted by unteagle
My point, exactly.

Tina, as with an outcall, I am aware of how much more comfortable a session can be in a secure, familiar environment and I can appreciate what that says about a provider. Unfortunately, that comfort comes with it's own level of risk and the only way to minimize it is through careful screening. But I'm sure you knew that.
Many, many providers use the same 2 call system. Does not matter if its a house, appartment, condo, what ever. While I understand your point unteagle, thats the way they want to do it so thats the way it gets done. If its makes them feel safer, then I have no problem with that.

She communicated with the client. She did not feel good about things so she broke it off. We can debate if she is using the best system or if she made the right call but she handled it correctly based on her perception of things at the time. She did not leave the guy hanging. She kept him informed. That is far better than what happens so many other times we hear about things like this.

How hard would it be to say im on my way, and then say im there. And if i was LE i'm pretty sure i could get around any security measures you might have. I'm just saying. LE isn't stupid, wasn't born yesterday and have been doing their job for YEARS. Originally Posted by unteagle
especially if i dont know you, have never seen you before and you haven't given any reviews. Originally Posted by tina.payne
Reading between the lines, it sounds like you're accepting any member of ECCIE as though they've been prescreened.

Maybe that's not what you meant, but i just have to point out that ANYBODY can join ECCIE. All they need is an email address. And almost anybody can pay a small fee and get private access (beyond basic membership). All they need is a credit card.

I'm sure the cops and scam artists can get PA Eccie membership whenever they want.

Being a member of ECCIE isn't any type of screening!

P411, on the other hand, either checks employment, or gets two providers to vouche for a hobbyist.
Although I personally would never use my residence as my incall location, I think you were completely in the right. I also use the standard 2-call system. I will give you the location (as I generally use a hotel) and until you tell me you are in the parking lot and I can see you are legitimately there, you will not get my room number. This eliminates any problems you may have with someone who is blowing smoke up your ass too. I have often had the same problem with people, they come off as shady when talking to them, trying to pressure me into giving them the information early or pushing to do outcalls at their homes only and not willing to meet incall first or anything similiar. I also cut them off at this point. With this job, it's best to trust your instinct, there will always be others, it's not worth jeopardizing your safety for a couple bills!!