NFL starts tomorrow, are you looking forward to the season

For the first time in my life, I can truthfully say, I don't really care about it.

With all the chaos out there, baseball, basketball, and football had a great opportunity to be a force for good and move the conversation in the right direction. Then came all the damn social justice warrior athletes. These guys make a fortune playing a game, just play the damn game. I for one was a huge Saints and Drew Brees fan. He has done great work for the inner city youth in New Orleans, to the tune of millions and always kept a low profile. He was a great example, but now, he has the name of "Jacob Blake" on his helmet, a known sexual offender. Yes, I'm sorry the guy got shot but getting shot 99% of the time getting shot starts with "the failure to comply". I have traveled to at least 7-8 games annually including London games as I was a true fan. Not anymore, I will not go out of my way to watch a game much less go where I can watch and spend money. Just another hit restaurant bars will have to take as I'm sure I', not alone on this.

I noticed another thread about the football season starting and it only has one reply. We are in Dallas, the home of "Americas Team", Texas HS football, and the Texans are playing tomorrow night and not a word out there on this. It is really sad what these guys have done to sports. How can they not see how they are running themselves out of business.
They forgot that one of the attractions to rooting for a team was setting political differences aside.

That has now been ruined.

I'm not watching it either.
At this point I just don't give a dammed about professional sports.
No, not watching any of the sports until they figure out that we actually want to watch the game and not the politics.
Why can’t they just play sports, that’s what they are being paid to do!!
Have you not figured out Democrats yet? YOU WILL BE MADE TO CARE!

This is why smaller govt. is better because then elections aren't a life and death of the Republic type of matter.
I guess on the line of scrimmage, there will be 6 feet distance between the offense and defense?

Then there will be a 6 feet distance between each of the 9 players on offense and 6 feet distance between those players and the QB and 6 feet distance between the QB and the HB or FB?

There also will be 6 feet distance between all 11 players on defense?

Finally 6 feet distance between everyone on each team on the sideline: coaches, assistant coaches, offensive and defensive coordinators, players who are not on the field, waterboys and watergirls and so on?

How can they start football season without playing preseason?

Isn't preseason how each team determines which player is fit to make the final cut and which is not and to make trades and cuts and to get everyone used to the offensive and defensive plays?
I agree I don't care ,,, may bee when people stop watchin and going to games it will go back to being ABOUT THE SPORT not feelings
I looked at the Dallas Cowboys 9/20 home game tickets and they are still $300 for the shittiest seats way way up high to a few thousands for seats on the first rows on the length of the stadium.
I looked at the Dallas Cowboys 9/20 home game tickets and they are still $300 for the shittiest seats way way up high to a few thousands for seats on the first rows on the length of the stadium. Originally Posted by CG2014
Give it a few days. The team cancelled all season tickets back in July. They gave season ticket holders a chance at buying up to 3 games last Thursday. But site crashed. I was able to get two games before it crashed. Then the sale started back up yesterday. So most tickets I am assuming were not even sold by the team until yesterday. I got my third game tickets yesterday morning.

Overall I don't think the resale market will stay as robust as it is looking on the sites at the moment. The fact that ticketholders must sell their entire "pod" or use their entire "pod" will make reselling difficult this season. Or at least make it a tough choice to a lot of ticketholders. I usually have four seats, go to 7 of the 8 games myself, but will resale 2 of the 4 to several games. That isn't a choice to do this year.
I don't like the politics or kneeling myself, but the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys are way more important to me than any of my political beliefs. I will be watching and be at every game I can be at. I am not going to let politics ruin football for me. Turn the game on after the national anthem if it is that big of a deal to you.
I don't like the politics or kneeling myself, but the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys are way more important to me than any of my political beliefs. I will be watching and be at every game I can be at. I am not going to let politics ruin football for me. Turn the game on after the national anthem if it is that big of a deal to you. Originally Posted by SmokeMonster
Why are the Cowboys that important to you?

To me, they are just overpaid mercenaries playing a kid's game.

I admired Landry, Staubach and Too Tall Jones.

However, I was just a kid. Now, it just doesn't resonate anymore.

However, I was just a kid. Now, it just doesn't resonate anymore. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Agree. and I like Staubach's daughter on the Dallas City Council, Jennifer Staubach Gates. That is some good MILF pussy I'd like to get a peice of.

I hope the guys who say they don't care about the NFL will have the balls to back it up. I am doubtful they will, most at least.

I will tune in briefly tonight, to see how everyone reacts and adjusts. More of a news story thing, than giving a shit. Same Sunday night, when the Cowboys start. After that I can't see me watching. Baseball and basketball are complete bores now.

However, I was just a kid. Now, it just doesn't resonate anymore. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Yep. Jerry Jones may be a really good businessman, but Landry, Staubach, Too Tall Jones, and I would add Tex Schramm and a few others of that era, had class.
Yep. Jerry Jones may be a really good businessman, but Landry, Staubach, Too Tall Jones, and I would add Tex Schramm and a few others of that era, had class. Originally Posted by billw1032
Well you're talking about an era when actual men played the game. on grass. in the heat/cold. And the sliding to avoid a tackle would have been considered an outright act of cowardice!

There are a handful of competitors today that could take the kind of hits that used to be the norm.

* Mike Webster was an acquaintance of the family in the 40s-80s - My Grandmother babysat him, Mom dated him (we suspect lol), Dad and he were passing friends. The guy made my Dad look small... and My Dad was 6'1"240. Never knew what happened to him until that SI issue a long time ago.