Secret Panel Targets Americans for Assassination

That conservative right-wing rag, Reuters, has uncovered a secret panel that targets American citizens for assassination. Now it is getting much more frightening than entertaining.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...79475C20111005

I don't care if "Bush did it too," this is absolutely wrong.

That conservative right-wing rag, Reuters, has uncovered a secret panel that targets American citizens for assassination. Now it is getting much more frightening than entertaining.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...79475C20111005

I don't care if "Bush did it too," this is absolutely wrong.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COG you been watching too many Matt Damon Bourne supremacy and Bourne Ultimatium movies
WE, tell me this isn't true? Reuters reported it, and they are usually reliable, well, as reliable as any news source is.
  • WTF
  • 10-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Here is the problem as I see it with this forum....Nobody believes what they do not want to believe. There are folks that still believe that Iraq has WMD's!

I post a speech Bush gave in 2002 praising Fannie Mae and Freddy and someone post something saying that he wanted them better regulated.

We believe wtf our belief system lets us believe.
Here is the problem as I see it with this forum....Nobody believes what they do not want to believe. There are folks that still believe that Iraq has WMD's!

I post a speech Bush gave in 2002 praising Fannie Mae and Freddy and someone post something saying that he wanted them better regulated.

We believe wtf our belief system lets us believe. Originally Posted by WTF
thats exactly what republicans do. liberals rely on facts 2 form their beliefs.
I don't see anything in that article to suggest there are a bunch of American's on the target list. Anwar was yes. I don't understand the mania. the title is sensationalist... Just because an Anerican Citizen and Terrorist scumbag who's resume had Al Qaeda listed was on it does not equate to a hit list of American citizens.
Just because an Anerican Citizen and Terrorist scumbag who's resume had Al Qaeda listed was on it does not equate to a hit list of American citizens. Originally Posted by budman33
Actually, it does.

WTF, we all view things from our own paradigm, filtered through our history, culture and experiences. It takes a hell of a lot to break through all that to see things as they actually are. When I was young, I was a fierce liberal Democrat, as I got older I became a staunch conservative Republican. What I learned was that there really isn't that much difference between the two when you get to the extremes.

Now I think that freedom is usually the best answer to any problem. I said USUALLY. Neither party seems to want to promote freedom, just privilege for their selected demographics. It's all bullshit.
Yea they should have kept chasing this guy around the globe. We kept foiling his plots after all.

/sarcasm off
I think that some procedure, informal as this one seems to be, beats the unfettered discretion of a single man. But I would prefer to see a more formalized procedure with some check from the judicial branch.
OldGuy,

Its worse than that. You need to read my thread on this matter. Similar points are referenced in your link:

In an ironic turn, Obama, who ran for president denouncing predecessor George W. Bush's expansive use of executive power in his "war on terrorism," is being attacked in some quarters for using similar tactics. They include secret legal justifications and undisclosed intelligence assessments.
Awlaki's father went to court to have his son spared and they would not let him see the document that gives the President the legal authority to order someone's execution! They said it was classified. Not his son's reason for being on the KorC list, not the death panel committee names, not the list of crimes the guy may be guilty of, not any spies or source that may be compromised...

THE PRESIDENT'S LEGAL AUTHORITY FOR BEING ABLE TO ORDER THE ASSASSINATION OF A US CITIZEN. Nope can't see. Yes, we know its extremely pertinent to your case. So sorry.

Change you can believe in.
“Do not consult anyone in killing the Americans, Fighting Satan does not require a jurisprudence. It does not require consulting. It does not need a prayer for the cause. They are the party of Satan, and fighting them is a matter of time. With them we reached: either us or you.” --Awlaki

Sounds like he renounced his citizenship a long time ago to me.
thats exactly what republicans do. liberals rely on facts 2 form their beliefs. Originally Posted by Af-Freakin
how big is your ass? to have your head so far up it? you would represent your donkey ass liberals better by not posting, you are one stupid fuck, where did you get your degree from? online I would bet
how big is your ass? to have your head so far up it? you would represent your donkey ass liberals better by not posting, you are one stupid fuck, where did you get your degree from? online I would bet Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
u have george bush's head up your azz, if u know what i mean
OldGuy,

Its worse than that. You need to read my thread on this matter. Similar points are referenced in your link:

Awlaki's father went to court to have his son spared and they would not let him see the document that gives the President the legal authority to order someone's execution! They said it was classified. Not his son's reason for being on the KorC list, not the death panel committee names, not the list of crimes the guy may be guilty of, not any spies or source that may be compromised...

THE PRESIDENT'S LEGAL AUTHORITY FOR BEING ABLE TO ORDER THE ASSASSINATION OF A US CITIZEN. Nope can't see. Yes, we know its extremely pertinent to your case. So sorry.
Several officials said that when Awlaki became the first American put on the target list, Obama was not required personally to approve the targeting of a person. But one official said Obama would be notified of the principals' decision. If he objected, the decision would be nullified, the official said.
A former official said one of the reasons for making senior officials principally responsible for nominating Americans for the target list was to "protect" the president.

Change you can believe in. Originally Posted by gnadfly

I’m not going to look up every instance but one of the things Bush was doing was the illegal wiretaps. There was a process already in place to do exactly what he wanted to do. They chose not to. In this case, if the administration is following the correct procedures that are already in place, then I understand them using them. This isn’t a dem or repub thing. There are numerous people in the sign off loop. This isn’t done at one person’s whim. Classified is classified. Dad’s time might have been better spent telling his son to turn himself in and have a public trial.