Trackphone

• cnym
  • 03-26-2010, 11:55 AM
can somebody help me to understand how the pay as you go works with Trackphone? They are available at wall mart !
1) Do your minutes expire every month and you have to buy another card with minutes? Or do they roll over.
2) can you get a Trackphone using the name Bill Johnson or Jim Bob Billy Boy, Sponge Bob Square Pants ...etc
#) I think you do not have to commit to a service plan
From the way i understand it, the minutes you buy from tracfone are good for a period of 90 days... http://www.prepaidwireless.com/produ...cfm?type_id=25
I highly recommend the T-Mobile prepaid phone. You can buy it everywhere (like Target). It comes with some minutes, but you can put in $100 for tons of minutes for 1 year. After that, if you have leftover minutes, you can carry them over for another year at a time by adding as little as $10.
I just sent you a pm.
  • Niktu
  • 03-26-2010, 01:48 PM
tracphone card is $20 at walmart etc for 60 minutes. A card is good for 90 days. Unused minutes rollover. fwiw $20 x 4 cards = $80/year or 240 minutes. I have found different cards available at different stores. Walmart seems to have the best pricing.

If you want when you buy a phone you can buy a bonus card that doubles the minutes you buy. I didn't get it originally, but got one on one of the monthly promo's. I found when the minutes run down or time is about to expire I get a lot of promotion texts.

You can skip the name/credit card option and register without a name or address (although I had a name and address just in case). Just use a public computer or phone.
My Tracphone phone was $15 and included double minutes. (walmart) The only problem - doesn't work in Canada.
T-Mobile prepaid phones work in Canada.
  • GP
  • 03-26-2010, 04:52 PM
There is no committing to a service plan and you DO NOT have to give your name.
  • Lazy
  • 03-26-2010, 06:11 PM