Paul Ryan's op-ed on retirement (cuts)

• WTF
  • 12-24-2013, 09:56 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...&dlvrit=206567

Chairman Dempsey, the service chiefs, the service secretaries, and myself, we all know that we need to slow cost growth in military compensation. Otherwise, we'll have to make disproportionate cuts to military readiness and modernization."

Here's what the new law will do. We make no changes for those currently at or above age 62. This reform affects only younger military retirees. Right now, any person who has served 20 years can retire —regardless of age. That means a serviceman who enlists at 18 becomes eligible for retirement at 38. The late 30s and early 40s are prime working years, and most of these younger retirees go on to second careers.
All this reform does is make a small adjustment for those younger retirees. If they retire before age 62, the annual increase in their retired pay will be 1% less than the inflation rate. In other words, their benefits will grow every year — just at a slower rate. And when the retiree hits 62, DOD will recalculate the retired pay so that it will be where it would have been if he or she had received the full inflation adjustment every year since he or she retired.
Shit, just read the comments of the article... people are pissed
  • CJ7
  • 12-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Shit, just read the comments of the article... people are pissed Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

rightwing ideas bent on winning the votes of people with IQ's under 70.
  • WTF
  • 12-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Shit, just read the comments of the article... people are pissed Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
My reason for this post was that Whirly was blaming it all on the Democrats. I told him Ryan was a cosponsor to this bill.
  • BJerk
  • 12-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Great system - go kill the political enemies ("bad" countries) of the politicians, get a medal and a comfy retirement, and press releases calling you a hero for killing little brown, defenseless children.
Great system - go kill the political enemies ("bad" countries) of the politicians, get a medal and a comfy retirement, and press releases calling you a hero for killing little brown, defenseless children. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Don't blame this on the rank and file soldier. They'd rather be home. It's Obama sending them to kill the "little, brown children." You know. Obama. That great Christian. Just like you.

• BJerk
  • 12-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Don't blame this on the rank and file soldier. They'd rather be home. It's Obama sending them to kill the "little, brown children." You know. Obama. That great Christian. Just like you.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Bush got us into all this crap, Obama is trying to extricate us. Please quit mocking my faith.
Obama is CONTINUING AND EXPANDING Bush's policies. You are intentionally blind.

Sorry for mocking your faith. I didn't know you had any. It sure isn't evident in what you post. You seem to belong to the Church of Get Whitey, and Pass the Welfare.

"And to be clear, the money we save from this reform will go right back to the military. Veterans aren't Washington's piggy bank. They deserve fair compensation. And we owe them a benefit structure they can count on."

Right back to the military. Read: General Dynamics Corporation.

Not the taxpayer.
Bush got us into all this crap, Obama is trying to extricate us. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Just how exactly is he doing that? Examples please?
rightwing ideas bent on winning the votes of people with IQ's under 70. Originally Posted by CJ7

Ha Ha Ha, dumb Liberal.
Ha Ha Ha, dumb Liberal. Originally Posted by slim deez

Here is another CJ IQ 65 lights are on no one home.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
What the fuck do YOU know about what any solider thinks or feels! you whiny, fence sitting coward?
  • BJerk
  • 12-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Just how exactly is he doing that? Examples please? Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I would refer to the draw down's in the areas he has successfully improved our position militarily.
I would refer to the draw down's in the areas he has successfully improved our position militarily. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Thank you! sac tags on/off