Hate to do it, but props to WTF

WTF was right when he declared himself to be dastardly and low born ignorant racist, and said everyone else was a motherfucking racist asshole, also. Myself, I'm not as bad of a racist as he is, but I do cross the street like Jesse Jackson does, if a big black teenager is following me late at night.

When the boy is right, he's is right.

Another thing he got right was his criticism of the Tea Party methods. It appears that the Republicans have learned that lesson and used it to win more elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/op...y-baggage.html

some excerpts:

With the demographic composition of the electorate rapidly changing, what is the best way for Republicans in diverse states to campaign? The election in November of Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado provides a template for the party on how to succeed in a battleground state with two ascendant constituencies: well-educated social liberals and increasingly assertive Hispanic voters.
Gardner prevailed by jettisoning most of his own conservative baggage. A hard-core loyalist of the right during his service in the state legislature from 2005 to 2010 and as a congressman for two terms, Gardner won a tough election against the Democratic incumbent Mark Udall by shifting left on both immigration and social issues like abortion and contraception.

It is a damn shame, but the old buffoon called it right. To win elections and slow down the total collapse of America, the Republicans have to essentially adopt the Democratic social agenda. It sucks.
  • Old-T
  • 01-07-2015, 07:29 AM
I think "true politicians" value being elected--being in power--more than any ideology. They will shed one costume for another if they think it will get then elected. Their "positions" are 10 parts what they think the constituents want to hear, one part what they believe.

They are not all that way of course. There are some left, right, and middle who firmly believe what they say and act accordingly. But I believe they are the minority, sadly.
Backhanded compliment?

Or is this another example of a TeaWipe reality check?

It's always about getting the votes.
It's always about getting the votes. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It's always better to earn the right to appear at the super bowl.
It's always better to earn the right to appear at the super bowl. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Chris Christie is campaigning for that right now.
Chris Christie is campaigning for that right now. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
My guess is he will get cut in the "play-offs"!

Look up John Connally.
I would respect WTF spewing his idiocy all he wants if...

he would quit his incessant puffery regarding his, so far baseless, claim to be the arbiter of all that is fair and the one who can, to the exclusion of all us lesser lights, detect the mote in the eye of both the left and the right, when, heretofore, he has solely defended the left and solely attacked the right

in other words...HE STINKS
I think "true politicians" value being elected--being in power--more than any ideology. They will shed one costume for another if they think it will get then elected. Their "positions" are 10 parts what they think the constituents want to hear, one part what they believe.

They are not all that way of course. There are some left, right, and middle who firmly believe what they say and act accordingly. But I believe they are the minority, sadly. Originally Posted by Old-T
I agree it is sad when they change their positions only for the power, or to posture as heroic. When they do it as a true effort to represent their constituents, then it seems more appropriate.
David Mayhew, a political writer and philosopher, has written that the highest motivation for any politician is to be elected or reelected. Everything else is second.

I am reminding my errant conservative congressman today that being a veteran I respect and support someone who puts the mission first ahead of personnel enrichment. Trying to find a new candidate now.
  • Old-T
  • 01-07-2015, 09:38 AM
I agree it is sad when they change their positions only for the power, or to posture as heroic. When they do it as a true effort to represent their constituents, then it seems more appropriate. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Completely agree. I did not agree with all his perspectives, but watching from the outside it seemed Geo. Wallace was an example of someone who changed his political stance drastically, and did so because he seemed to actually change his views. I can respect someone who does that, whether or not I believe they are correct. I can think of few others.
  • WTF
  • 01-07-2015, 02:27 PM
WTF was right . Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
You had me at "is right".
WTF needs to let his inner Libertarian loose...
David Mayhew, a political writer and philosopher, has written that the highest motivation for any politician is to be elected or reelected. Everything else is second. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
i.e. Mary Landrieu 11/14

WTF needs to let his inner Libertarian loose... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
are we already through with WTF?
  • WTF
  • 01-08-2015, 10:49 AM
are we already through with WTF? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Are we through with the Tea Turds?

Another thing he got right was his criticism of the Tea Party methods. It appears that the Republicans have learned that lesson and used it to win more elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/opinion/cory-gardner-losing-the-tea-party-baggage.html

some excerpts:

With the demographic composition of the electorate rapidly changing, what is the best way for Republicans in diverse states to campaign? The election in November of Senator Cory Gardner of Colorado provides a template for the party on how to succeed in a battleground state with two ascendant constituencies: well-educated social liberals and increasingly assertive Hispanic voters.
Gardner prevailed by jettisoning most of his own conservative baggage. A hard-core loyalist of the right during his service in the state legislature from 2005 to 2010 and as a congressman for two terms, Gardner won a tough election against the Democratic incumbent Mark Udall by shifting left on both immigration and social issues like abortion and contraception.

It is a damn shame, but the old buffoon called it right. To win elections and slow down the total collapse of America, the Republicans have to essentially adopt the Democratic social agenda. It sucks. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer