crooked dentists

During the teen years, my parents conscientiously sent me for regular dental check ups. Result during those years - 8 cavities. Since growing up and not seeing a dentist regularly ? No cavities.

What can you say about that ?
Now the new thing is Deep Cleaning for extra of course lol.
During the teen years, my parents conscientiously sent me for regular dental check ups. Result during those years - 8 cavities. Since growing up and not seeing a dentist regularly ? No cavities.

What can you say about that ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
SAME exact story with me.
We used to trust priests too!!
My exwife had perfect teeth. We moved to Houston long time ago and the dentist she found said she needed a $600 periodontic "device" to ward of gum disease.

My coworker recommended an older dentist with his original wife. He confirmed her teeth (and gums) were perfect. Stayed with him for 15 years until he retired.

We (new wife) moved back to DFW and had another experience with a dentist we found for my son. They removed 4 baby teeth. 2 weeks later for some followup work they "found" another cavity. We got up and walked out.

A neighbor recommended another dentist. No cavity and did the followup work. Reasonably price. She had bought the practice from a retiring dentist.

Use yelp! or other review sites, along with rec's from people you know. These new dentists need to pay off student loans, new cars, new houses and trophy wives. Same with freshly minted doctors.
My exwife had perfect teeth. We moved to Houston long time ago and the dentist she found said she needed a $600 periodontic "device" to ward of gum disease.

My coworker recommended an older dentist with his original wife. He confirmed her teeth (and gums) were perfect. Stayed with him for 15 years until he retired.

We (new wife) moved back to DFW and had another experience with a dentist we found for my son. They removed 4 baby teeth. 2 weeks later for some followup work they "found" another cavity. We got up and walked out.

A neighbor recommended another dentist. No cavity and did the followup work. Reasonably price. She had bought the practice from a retiring dentist.

Use yelp! or other review sites, along with rec's from people you know. These new dentists need to pay off student loans, new cars, new houses and trophy wives. Same with freshly minted doctors. Originally Posted by gnadfly

It's not just the new docs.
My old cardiologist insisted that I have a catheterization done to clear me for some insurance BS. Said the stress test showed an anomaly and the only way to find out if there was a problem was a cath. After some more BS run around and not answering direct questions I fired him.

New doc: "oh you don't need a cath yet. Let's run this $600 PET scan. It will show us if blood is flowing properly. We can do it here in the office in 30 minutes. If something shows up we can do the way more invasive cath with full knowledge and 3D imaging of what we're looking for and where we are looking."
Me: "why was the old doc wanting to do a cath instead?"
New Doc: "Because he's got millions invested in a cath lab in that new building of his. I've got a few hundred thousand invested in the PET scanner in my office. If I need to do a cath I do it at the hospital cath lab."

Me: "That bastard!"
New Doc: Mmmm Hmm.

I'm happy to report the PET scan showed an all clear. I knew it would.