Interesting, What Is Paranoid Type Schizophrenia?

Paranoid type schizophrenia is one of five different types of schizophrenia, which is a chronic mental illness marked by detachment from reality. What makes paranoid schizophrenia different than other types is the overwhelming paranoia that people are plotting, lurking, spying and out to sabotage them. Usually, these schizophrenics are better able to communicate, memorize and express emotion than other types of schizophrenics, but they are still incapacitated by their irrational fears, delusions and suspicions.

Amazing how often we see this type of behavior in online forums.
That is an interesting observation, TOF.

Is there viable treatment for schizophrenia?

Along those lines, I read somewhere that psychiatrists have the highest rate of suicide among all professions.

I wonder if dealing with crazy people all day makes you give up on life?
Schizophrenia - paranoid type

Paranoid schizophrenia involves feelings of being persecuted or plotted against.

People with paranoid schizophrenia may have over-the-top (grandiose) mistaken beliefs (delusions) about protecting themselves from the plot that they think is against them.

Other symptoms include:
Feeling tense, suspicious, guarded, and reserved, "Hearing things" (auditory hallucinations)

Paranoid schizophrenia usually does not involve the disorganized speech and behavior that is seen in other types of schizophrenia.
Paranoid schizophrenia usually does not involve the disorganized speech and behavior that is seen in other types of schizophrenia. Originally Posted by auknowho
Was wondering where I could look to find an example of the kind that involves the disorganized speech and behavior. Can anyone think of where I could find a good example of that? For the life of me I don't know where to look. Hmmm.....
The type of nut that goes to a football game and freaks because players are getting in bunches on the field between plays and talking about them.
Does senile follow in that category? Going back to my jello now….
  • Carl
  • 02-26-2010, 11:25 PM
There are a number of effective antipsychotic medications for schizophrenia that can treat paranoia, delusions, hallucinations and bizarre thinking and behavior. Medications like Haldol, Thorazine, Phenergan, Truxal, Clozaril, Risperdal, Seroquel, Abilify and many others. The problem is making sure that the patients continue to take their meds consistently, even when they are feeling mentally fine and start to think that they can do without them.
I know what you mean, riding Metro today, a man came up to me to start a conversation. He made small talk, a lonely man talking about Obama's Health Care plan and other things. I tried to be pleasant and accommodating, but my head hurt from his banality. I almost didn't notice it had happened, but I suddenly threw up all over him. He was not pleased, and I couldn't stop laughing.

They're out there everywhere.
i had an experience with a paranoid schizo and it was not fun they tend to fixate on 1 or 2 people in mt case the object of her fixation was me she tried to tell people i was living in her attic drinking beer and spying on her wth i dont even like beer needless to say she got admitted to a hospital and i hear she is doing better but im not sure i now have a protective order against her but i do feel sorry for her
Psychiatry is far from an exact science, even when practiced by trained psychiatrists. Many a person has been declared schizophrenic, sent forcibly to the psychiatric wards, their minds destroyed by drugs and even electric shock - who were no more than excentric, or opinionated.

And there are those who have been accused of suffering from complexes of persecution - by the people who were persecuting them...
  • Carl
  • 02-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Tom Cruise? Is that you in there?
I think maybe he saw "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" ...
Ok, which one of us is this thread really about?
  • Carl
  • 03-01-2010, 08:55 AM
I think it's about Wayward.

At least that's what t his voice in my head keeps telling me.