ISO dinning & fun in KC

hello Kc ,

This will be my first time in Kansas City. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on fine dinning establishments? Perhaps you know of some "out of the way" place that serves amazing drinks and would like to share. There is also the naughty side of me wondering about other places like strip clubs. Please contact me if you would like to take me and my travel companion to dinner or lunch.

I would enjoy your input..

Kitten from Dallas
Hi KC!!
I am the traveling companion!
I am always up for great food and
company!
What places should we try?
Hugs and Kisses,
Maria of DFW
Well, the obvious answer is "at the Y," but you ladies might take a look at this thread:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...ood+eat+dining
Well thank you Muff ,

Now what is there to do on the naughty side? I know dinning at the Y is considered naughty but not sure it can be done in public.

Kitten
Well thank you Muff ,

Now what is there to do on the naughty side? I know dinning at the Y is considered naughty but not sure it can be done in public.

Kitten Originally Posted by Kitten
LOL. I'd suggest we all get on my boat and see what kind of trouble we can get into, but it's off the water at the moment. Poor timing.
  • coven
  • 07-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Kit and Maria?

KC? Really? Am I going to have to go to KC to find you two and leave the beautiful beaches again?

OK, KC it is. Have fun lovelies

C
I would recommend McDonalds.
I would recommend McDonalds. Originally Posted by SillyGirl

Ah, but which one?

As I'm sure you are aware, Mickey D's is all about the atmosphere...
Hi to both,
Here are some places that you can google and get some ideas-
- Power and Light District
- Crown Center
- The Plaza
Easy enough for first-time visitors to find and enjoy. You can also find hotels close to each of these areas.
Happy visiting.....
Kit and Maria?
KC? Really? Am I going to have to go to KC to find you two and leave the beautiful beaches again?
OK, KC it is. Have fun lovelies

C Originally Posted by coventricity
Thanks Coven, Florida was great and the beach was a blast!
Hugs and Kisses,
Maria of DFW
There are a couple brazilian BBQ places in KC which are nice and offer something different than the usual. Best Tacos al Pastor vote has to go to "Taco Express" on Independence Ave off of I-435. For a quick greek salad or a large number of subs... I'd go to Planet Sub.

The Plaza offers many great medium to high end eats... McCormick & Schmick is one of my favs... Cheesecake Factory, Hibachi's, Kona Grill, and Jack Stack BBQ round out some good ones in that area.

For breakfast... I'd say Corner Cafe, Ingredient and Eggtc are three of my favorite places to munch.

Sushi... go to the Intercontinental or RA Sushi... Best time to go to RA is anytime betweek 3 - 7pm Monday - Saturday... they have the best happyhour prices on sushi and drinks. I went there last night... had I gone during happy hour, I could have saved about $40 on my whole meal.
For some really awesome Spanish-style food, check out Extra Virgin. Amazing menu, and many of the dishes are half-priced before 6pm on weekdays. They are all "small-plates", tapas style, perfect for sharing. Chef Michael Smith used to be the head chef at The American Restaurant. They have a good wine list too.

http://extravirginkc.com/

I love the chickpea fries, grilled asparagus flatbread, poblano mac and cheese, roasted marrow bones... who am I kidding, I love it all.
I would recommend McDonalds. Originally Posted by SillyGirl
Thank you SillyGirl,

However, maybe you did not read the part that stated 'FINE DINNING ESTABLISHMENT ? " I am not sure if McDonald's is considered a good example. In Texas we tend to have higher standards. Thank you SillyGirl for your well thought up suggestion.

Thank all of you guys for the wonderful suggestions, and we will be sure to try some if not all of them. We are super excited and counting the days!

Kitten
Kitten has claws
Thank you SillyGirl,

However, maybe you did not read the part that stated 'FINE DINNING ESTABLISHMENT ? " I am not sure if McDonald's is considered a good example. In Texas we tend to have higher standards. Thank you SillyGirl for your well thought up suggestion.

Thank all of you guys for the wonderful suggestions, and we will be sure to try some if not all of them. We are super excited and counting the days!

Kitten Originally Posted by Kitten
1+.........next to eggtc is a little italian place, best in the city in IMHO, also get yourself a copy of the pitch. It will let you know what music is where, if your into that.