Great iphone app

I don't know how many of you have heard about "find my iphone", but it would be very useful for everyone in the hobby. It allows you to remotely wipe your phone in the event it is confiscated by le. You just go to a website and it gives you the option of locking the phone or wiping it. This would be great for everyone that would be scared that the police might pulls names out of your address book or even read and copy your texts. It also gives a gps location of your phone in case it gets stolen. I am sure android has an app like this as well, just dont know what it is. Just trying to help give an extra step of security for us and i apologize if it has been discussed before.
Gotta say that using one phone for civilian use and hobby use is playing with fire.
Just my .02 cents.
Why is that? I am not involved with anyone and my phone stays locked at all times and i use the app in case i get detained. It would be wiped in a matter of hours. I dont see the issue if you know how to secure the phone, which i do. I was trying to help others especially providers from getting the contact info from their clients confiscated by the police.
Everyone has to choose their form of communication.
I work in the tech world and gotta sometimes point out that more technology is not always the best answer for some situations.

try this exercise- if you lose your phone to LE, what is your damage? How long to recover? For me it is $20. The cost of a new throw away phone with no interruption of my civilian life.

There are some threads on the national board about the pros/cons of using smartphones by providers/mongers. There are also tips on things to have with you when you go on a playdate. Very good information.

Again, it is a choice.... but be fully informed to be a safe monger.
Play safe
If you use the Iphone's built in password lock, it will erase the phone after 10 failed password attempts. 10 chances at the 10,000 possibilities.

And legally they need a warrant to even try to access your phone, but we know better.
I agree about being out a $200 dollar phone because le doesn't care about your belongings and their is a chance that you won't get your phone back. If you do get it back, it may be smashed or broke and you are still out. However, I think that most providers still use smartphones to help organize their schedules because of all the capabilities on one, so I just wanted to share the app because I think it makes us the clients feel safe that if they get pinched, they could at least erase our info from their phones to prevent any le backlash that could come our way. Plus the added feature of a gps in the case of theft would be amazing too. Just jump online and see where your phone is and hopefully get it back. And anyone who doesn't use the built in lock is just stupid.
Gotta say that using one phone for civilian use and hobby use is playing with fire.
Just my .02 cents. Originally Posted by jframe2

It's 2011. Virtualize. GoogleVoice. Works on all smartphones and web browsers.