Good Reading?

I just picked up this book to read (see Below) and was interested in what you all have read lately?

I'm looking for a good tour book.. to read when I tour next month.. suggestions?

The Alchemist

PAULO COELHO'S enchanting novel has inspired a devoted following around the world. This story, dazzling in its powerful simplicity and inspiring wisdom, is about an Andalusian shepherd boy named Santiago who travels from his homeland in Spain to the Egyptian desert in search of a treasure buried in the Pyramids.

Along the way he meets a Gypsy woman, a man who calls himself king, and an alchemist, all of whom points Santiago in the direction of his quest. No one knows what the treasure is, or if Santiago will be able to surmount the obstacles along the way.

But what starts out as a journey to find worldly goods turns into a discovery of the treasure found within. Lush, evocative, and deeply humane, the story of Santiago is an eternal testament to the transformation power of our dreams and the importance of listening to our hearts.
I am currently reading a few things at once. I'm really into history, being a history major, and not surprisingly love studying about the history of prostitution. I am right now reading a fascinating book about the murder of a 19th century prostitute named Helen Jewett. The book is titled aptly, the Murder of Helen Jewett. The murder was amazingly solved back in the 1850's and the way it was solved stunned me. In a day and age that lacked forensics and most of the basics of crime-investigation, I was surprised at how they found who the murderer was. It's like a true mystery story, but also gives a fascinating insight into the world of prostitution and women who provided that 'girlfriend experience' back then.

And I just finished reading Clive Barker's MISTER BE GONE, a disappointing read.

Am working also on one of my other favorite authors, Patricia Cornwell, book called The Last Precinct.
Over the last 3 months I've read The Hunger Games books (my favorite niece made me read them and I liked them oddly enough), The Paperboy, World War Z, The Hotel New Hampshire, Just Kids (Patti Smith book about her relationship with Maplethorpe), Patton: A Biography, and I Suck At Girls. Right now I'm reading The Game and next up is The Pelbar Cycle series by Paul O Williams. Since I got an e-reader this past Christmas I'm reading even more and I was a pretty avid reader to begin with.
Out of curiosity, does anyone else re-read any of their favorites? I've probably read Hotel New Hampshire at least 20 times since high school.
I have...reread the

The Red Tent: A Novel

by: Anita Diaman

Her name is Dinah. In the Bible, her life is only hinted at in a brief and violent detour within the more familiar chapters of the Book of Genesis that are about her father, Jacob, and his dozen sons.

Told in Dinah's voice, this novel reveals the traditions and turmoils of ancient womanhood-the world of the red tent. It begins with the story of her mothers-Leah, Rachel, Zilpah, and Bilhah-the four wives of Jacob. They love Dinah and give her gifts that are to sustain her through a damaged youth, a calling to midwifery, and a new home in a foreign land. Dinah's story reaches out from a remarkable period of early history and creates an intimate, immediate connection.

Deeply affecting, The Red Tent combines rich storytelling with a valuable achievement in modern fiction: a new view of Biblical women's society.
" a short history of nearly everything" by Bill Bryson - 5th time reading it end-to-end... always pick up something that I missed last time
i read the helen jewett book as well. pretty interesting stuff

I am currently reading a few things at once. I'm really into history, being a history major, and not surprisingly love studying about the history of prostitution. I am right now reading a fascinating book about the murder of a 19th century prostitute named Helen Jewett. The book is titled aptly, the Murder of Helen Jewett. The murder was amazingly solved back in the 1850's and the way it was solved stunned me. In a day and age that lacked forensics and most of the basics of crime-investigation, I was surprised at how they found who the murderer was. It's like a true mystery story, but also gives a fascinating insight into the world of prostitution and women who provided that 'girlfriend experience' back then.

And I just finished reading Clive Barker's MISTER BE GONE, a disappointing read.

Am working also on one of my other favorite authors, Patricia Cornwell, book called The Last Precinct. Originally Posted by alluringava
I love anything by Napolean Hill. I feel a connection to everything he says. Very uplifting and inspiring!
I've been on a finance book kick: "Live it, Love it, Earn it", "A Walk Down WallStreet", but my all time favourites are Malcom Gladwell novels and Eat.Pray.Love (which I read over and over )
I've been reading and listening to Atlas Shrugged by: Ayn Rand, on audio book and then re-reading the actual book while not driving. known as the 2nd most inspirational fiction book of all time. Highly recommended!
Any Abraham Hicks fans here?

I can't think of a better book to read during a tour than "Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness"

http://www.amazon.com/Money-Law-Attr.../dp/1401918816
I've been reading and listening to Atlas Shrugged by: Ayn Rand, on audio book and then re-reading the actual book while not driving. known as the 2nd most inspirational fiction book of all time. Highly recommended! Originally Posted by ms.aubrielayne
I've tried reading it about 4 times now and just couldn't get past 30 pages. I swear it gave me a nose bleed every time.