Daylight Savings Time

Personally, I think the whole idea of changing the time is very annoying and ill-advised.

I know it was supposed to save energy and blah, blah, blah, but I think all it really does is mess up people's rhythm.

It was a dumb-ass idea to begin with and I hope the rest of the world does away with it like Russia has done.

At the very least it should be put up for a vote on our next election.

. . . Would you vote for it or against it?

(I mean if our government had had at least the modicum of courtesy to even ask you before they implemented the accursed program?)
I think all it really does is mess up people's rhythm.

. . . Would you vote for it or against it?
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Some of us don't have rhythm to begin with. LOL

It's an outgrowth of our agrarian society (which is fast disappearing). It's one reason why there is no school in the Summer. So the kids could work the farms/ranches during planting/harvesting season. I strongly suspect that the days where we needed daylight savings time and school free summers are nearly gone.
I never liked it!

but at least it will stay daylight longer...lol
I WISH IT NIGHTTIME ALL THE TIME.....

DEVIN
Be careful what you wish for Devin.

I remember making a startling discovery at Carlsbad Caverns
years ago.

There was an especially dark nook where the guide showed us the strange shrimp that were growing there in total darkness.

They had evolved to where they had no eyes!

. . . Evolution can be a bitch!

YEAH, BALANCE I GET THE WHOLE THING, I JUST HATE THE SUN.....

DEVIN
I voted YES, but NOT because it saves energy. It just gives me more time on the golf course after work!

SAS
lol--Dev....I like the dark sometimes too!
Its okay i guess. I slept til 12:30
I like having the extra time in the evenings to take the dog out to the park.
Lived in Indiana with "slow time" in College....no one could ever keep track of what time you were in cause half the year like east coast, and half like Chicago...never bitched about it since.
I hate the Spring forward time change but love the Fall back one .
Try Sweden where it is sunlight during a part of the year almost 24/7. Circadian rhythm completely off!!!!!!
  • Mokoa
  • 03-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Frankly I never saw any benefit from DST but I have never had a hard time dealing with it.

It was a dumb-ass idea to begin with and I hope the rest of the world does away with it like Russia has done.
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn

Russia didn't do away with it, they stay on it year round.