cars at hotels

Fyi. Make sure your cars are inspected and registered when you visit hotels or providers.
Sounds like someone got a ticket. Last time they got me was at toll booth . Expired inspection sticker.
It's those dam 'plate scanners' many LE cruisers use now. They can drive through any parking lot scanning vehicles and anyone in violation with an expired inspection sticker, no insurance, expired registration, etc, will send LE an alert and you get a ticket.

They do this up in Canada also, going through the Downer parking lot scanning for violations.
  • oklib
  • 12-19-2012, 04:47 PM
All LE are on a year end sweep
Registrations,plates,and DWI Roadblocks
Be safe
Mr. Bill
It's those dam 'plate scanners' many LE cruisers use now. They can drive through any parking lot scanning vehicles and anyone in violation with an expired inspection sticker, no insurance, expired registration, etc, will send LE an alert and you get a ticket.

They do this up in Canada also, going through the Downer parking lot scanning for violations. Originally Posted by Celso
I think the bouncers at the Sundowner have scanners that check for girls doing extras too .
I actually got a expired tag ticket on a RENTAL in NY. I had to fight with the state, municipality, and Budget Rentals for close to eight months. Yeah, it was my fault the tags were out of date on my week long rental ... Dumbasses.
All LE are on a year end sweep
Registrations,plates,and DWI Roadblocks
Be safe
Mr. Bill Originally Posted by oklib
Yeah, and it lasts until January....
A couple years ago my inspection was 10 days past due, and I got an $80 ticket. Now I make sure all my stickers are up to date.
Originally Posted by JONBALLS
Is that a rolling high dollar incall?
Let me tell you about tickets. I have customers in a certain area of the city. I have been going there for over 20 years. Being a creature of habit (ok OCD) I always go the same route. Always make the same left turn for over 20 years. So one day I make this turn and there is a city cop sitting there... waiting. He pulls me over and I have no clue why. He tells me it is illegal to turn left there. Sure enough, there is a NEW "no left turn" sign there. I got a $90 ticket. A couple of weeks later, I go back. Now I'm wary of the left turn so I'm going to go straight instead. Lo and behold, the sign is gone and it is once again legal to turn left. Now, a few weeks after that, there is actually a new left turn LANE! I must be the only a$$hole ever to get a ticket for turning left there.
I love the now short yellow on the red light cam stop lights.

mmmm and Rochester has found ways to make $$$$$ with fireman also. Sweet
Anchorage, AK police used to set up a "work zone" very close to the airport. The officer used to place the orange cones out every morning and pick them up every evening. Every time I drove by I saw him writing a ticket for some tard in a rent car.

After that trip, I only rented SUVs in order to blend in with the locals. I got a ticket, $176, the first trip. On the subsequent trips, no tickets ... nothing. I stayed in a hotel around the corner from the "work zone" each trip.
Yep, It's amazing the Legally questionable things our local Govenments will do to make cash.
I got a ticket for going 31 mph in a 25-mph school zone ... on the 2nd-to-last day of summer vacation! Gave my lawyer a photo of the sign ("during school days") and a copy of the academic calendar, but they wouldn't dismiss it.

It was either go to trial, or pay $100 fine for section 1101 "unlawful act" - an unspecified violation with no points.