Memorial Day

Memorial Day is a special time for Americans to reflect on the contributions of those one million who made the ultimate sacrifice for us. Because of the courage of these Veterans, we enjoy the opportunities and freedoms that we do today.

Memorial Day is not to be confused with Veterans Day; Memorial Day is a day of remembering the me...n and women who died while serving, while Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans.

This weekend as many of you spend time with your loved ones, take the time to reflect on the sacrifice of those who cannot.

I would also like to add that it is a day that we can thak the loved ones of those who have given all, for they are also paying that price, every day.

Semper Fidelis
That is more like it, thank you for taking the other thread down, respect and dignity should be our credo!!!!
wasn't trying to take anything down, just stating an opinion of something I am very passionate about
Amen!

Thank you!
Thanks for a proper post, and most of all thanks to all who have served!
To all of those that paid the ultimate price, so that those of us still remaining have the freedom to indulge in the quintessence of herculean stupidity, such as this hobby: "It's 5 o'clock somewhere", and we all owe you all one!
Thanks for a proper post, and most of all thanks to all who have served! Originally Posted by Highwayman64
+1
+1 Originally Posted by cowboy8055
+2
Thanks for a proper post, and most of all thanks to all who have served! Originally Posted by Highwayman64
+3
four

or is that

four

Most excellent post my friend!!

This day is for all those warriors that wanted better for their family, friends, and countrymen..and gave of their lives/limbs and blood to do this....

not the kings that sent them...

And to all of you that served..I stand and salute you...well done warriors!!!

aj..
well said aj they deserve our appreciation at the least.
‪#‎ThrowbackFact‬: Memorial Day was started by former slaves on May, 1, 1865 in Charleston, SC to honor 257 dead Union Soldiers who had been buried in a mass grave in a Confederate prison camp. They dug up the bodies and worked for 2 weeks to give them a proper burial as gratitude for fighting for their freedom. They then held a parade of 10,000 people led by 2,800 Black children where they marched, sang and celebrated.