pay as you go phone

Do you know of any pay as you go phones that have balances that last for more than 90 days?

Are there any that are indefinite?

Looking for one that allows for anonymity.
  • jan-w
  • 01-12-2013, 03:23 PM
You can buy Tracphones at any discount store for less than 20 bucks. Buy the time cards that can last up to a year and just buy new cards as needed. Pay cash for them all. To register and load the minutes on the new phone, you have to either do it online or call from another phone. Registering through computer can be traced back to you if you have a nosy SO. You can use a landline phone though and you don't have to use any real world information.
I'm in the market for a new phone as well since mine was damaged, and have the same question as the OP -- with the emphasis on indefinite minutes if possible.

Also haven't yet used google voice and wondering what people think about that option (I suppose google knows who you are if you register from your computer).
I had the pre paid junk phone, but texting was a pain in the ass. It was also never on me, and usually stayed off.
Not to mention the cards running out or expiring.
Now have an android phone (typing this on it now) with Google voice. Love it. Just have to fully understand how it works. Set it up right and test out.
I added several security apps that insure no one could pick up the phone and "stumble" upon anything questionable.
I use my neighbor's phone. Never an issue, for me.
Trackphone works well.
  • shlub
  • 01-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Att go phone minutes last a year if you buy $100 card.
Thanks, Dan4424. Any chance for further info on those security apps you reference?
Pyramider!! Ha ha your neighbors phone!! LOL!! is it a landline? might as well throw a cup and string towards my house!! lol
Pyramider!! Ha ha your neighbors phone!! LOL!! is it a landline? might as well throw a cup and string towards my house!! lol Originally Posted by Lolabrea01

His life has been a lot more interesting since I started using his home phone.
Thanks, Dan4424. Any chance for further info on those security apps you reference? Originally Posted by BobbyMann

Redphone is an app that prevents anyone from listening in. Need to give credit to Cyborg for turning me onto that one.
Smart App Protector lets you password protect any app or setting. Also gives the option have an app appear to "stop working". You long press the ok button and you get to a password screen.
I use it on email, google voice, and my general setting where it can list active accounts.

Also like KeepSafe. Takes pics/video taken from your phone, changes the file name and extension and moves them to where they can only be seen from the password encrypted app.