Memorial Day 2012 is extra memorable for me; my Fancy 5th anniversary!

To my friends outside of Houston:

It's a special day to honor our veterans and those we've lost in the defense of our values and the American way of life. Thank you to these brave men, women, and let us not forgot, military service dogs, too. I have my grandfather's and recently-discovered father's medals out, from WWII and the Korean War, respectively, to remind me of their service, and a photo of my cousin killed in Vietnam to honor his sacrifice.

I feel a wee bit sad that today is also my 5th anniversary as a companion. Seems disrespectful for me to celebrate something that, in the scheme of things, is so inconsequential. But I am grateful to those who have made my last 5 years fun, given me the opportunity to explore the world and my own sensuality, and helped support my continued existence and that of my beloved chihuahuas. I look forward to another 5 years in this biz before I shuffle off to the Old Hag's Home -- to seduce young male nurses.

My appreciation and thanks to those who have kept me around. I'll raise glasses to them, myself, and the military today. (Hmmm, depending on the size of those glasses, I might be pretty toasted later, especially if I raise a glass to each branch of the service individually.) I do hope everyone will take a moment to be thankful for something or someone in their lives.

Not a damn thing to be sad about.

This is a day of rememberance3 and celebration of those that fought for our liberty.
The only sadness should come from those that usurp what these brave men and women gave for opur freedom.