The Mayday SuperPAC raised $1M in 13 days

Here's something interesting that should appeal to anyone interested in American politics. This is 100% a non-partisan issue.

http://mayone.us/

The Mayday SuperPAC was started by Lawrence Lessig as a "moonshot" to fight against the corrupting influence of our campaign finance system, which is a thinly-veiled system of bribery. The idea is to raise money to fund politicians who are willing to make corruption an issue and work towards a statute that prevents so few people having so much influence on the government.

If you have 18 minutes, here's Lessig's great TED talk that explains the problem. Definitely worth your time.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lawrence_le...e_must_reclaim

This movement does not resonate well with either of the major parties, whose business model involves emphasizing and exaggerating the differences between Americans. Over 90% of Americans agree that money in politics is a huge issue, and yet we never hear about it from either Democrats or Republicans. Hmmmm, why is that?

Anyway, on May 1st the Mayday PAC launched, with a goal of raising $1M in one month. It only took 13 days. The money is coming from individuals like us. It's a really impressive feat and it's proof that this is an issue people feel strongly about.

Will it work? I don't know. I sure hope so!
  • CJ7
  • 05-15-2014, 01:25 PM
suits me just fine too ..
The idea is to raise money to fund politicians who are willing to make corruption an issue and work towards a statute that prevents so few people having so much influence on the government. Originally Posted by CatPee
Can't see the established political system going along with that.
It's much needed though.
Call me a skeptic... Now lets get back to blasting Ozombies... fuckers
Call me a skeptic... Now lets get back to blasting Ozombies... fuckers Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
I think we should call you a shrink.
I think we should call you a shrink. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Iffy is a psychiatrist? Who knew? But it is nice to know that after all this time, our Dipshit Leader, AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2015, is finally seeking the help he so desperately needs!

• CJ7
  • 05-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Iffy is a psychiatrist? Who knew? But it is nice to know that after all this time, our Dipshit Leader, AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2015, is finally seeking the help he so desperately needs!

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

DEM, DOTY 2013-2015... pretty much wore that one out haven't you Mr DEM, DOTY 2013-2015 runner up ?
It's so sweet of you to WK for AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2014, and LittleEva, CBJ7. Now Assup can probably take care of himself, but poor, mentally-challenged LittleEva needs all he can get. You don't help much, but I'm sure LittleEva appreciates it!
  • CJ7
  • 05-16-2014, 12:00 AM
It's so sweet of you to WK for AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2014, and LittleEva, CBJ7. Now Assup can probably take care of himself, but poor, mentally-challenged LittleEva needs all he can get. You don't help much, but I'm sure LittleEva appreciates it! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

just giving you the credit you deserve Mr Runner Up ... wear your badge with pride
Iffy is a psychiatrist? Who knew? But it is nice to know that after all this time, our Dipshit Leader, AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2015, is finally seeking the help he so desperately needs! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
just giving you the credit you deserve Mr Runner Up ... wear your badge with pride Originally Posted by CJ7
All things considered, Hanoi COG is the only Dipshit stupid enough to start a Dipshit of the Year thread and nominate himself as a leading contender.

It demonstrated a textbook example of Extreme Self Reflection!
just giving you the credit you deserve Mr Runner Up ... wear your badge with pride Originally Posted by CJ7
If you are number two you try harder...
Ah, yes. I came in second. But I came in second to a World Class Champion Dipshit, AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2014!

It's still cute how you guys WK for him. You dear old Assup.

That's sweet!
Ah, yes. I came in second. But I came in second to a World Class Champion Dipshit, AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2014!

It's still cute how you guys WK for him. You dear old Assup.

That's sweet! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
So you're the second biggest dipshit on the site?

If it makes you feel any better you'll always be the number one dipshit to me.

Now empty your colostomy bag in the toilet, not the kitchen sink.
So you're the second biggest dipshit on the site?

[B][SIZE=3]If it makes you feel any better you'll always be the number one dipshit to me. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Ah, MunchOnMen! Thank you! I always knew you liked me!