how hard can it be?

I now see why so many providers wish to not use text.
This happens almost every time:
Hobbyst: Hi
Me: hello can I ask who this is? (Trying not to sound rude)
Hobbyst: I saw you on eccie
Me: ok do you have a handle?
Hobbyst: yes
Me: ok what is it? (By this time I'm frustrated)
Hobbyst: **duh**
Me: ok I will look it up in the meantime tell me what you have I mind?
Hobbyst: I wanted to find out your rates
Me: they are posted on my showcase. (I'm frustrated because I know he
Looked at my pics. And the rates are right next to them did he forget to look or what)
Hobbyst: ok where are you located
Me: 635 and 75
Hobbyst: oh that's too far I'm in arlington bye

Ok guys please do your homework before we both waste our time and
Create unwanted frustratin
And if you need to text please provide me with all the info you think I will ask and
Identify who you are and how you got my number.
Its not that hard.
I prefer text but it can be quite frustrating when it takes 30 min-hour to find out your not compatible...

that is why i only accept texts from known friends and p411 members.
Ok guys please do your homework before we both waste our time and
Create unwanted frustratin
And if you need to text please provide me with all the info you think I will ask and
Identify who you are and how you got my number.
Its not that hard. Originally Posted by Kandy Kelly
Although this is a great sentiment, the guys that are going to read this topic are not the men that need to be told this. The ones who do crap like this are clueless.

Most of the guys here that fully participate on this board, well they aren't!

It's annoying, though, isn't it? I detest texting for this very reason.

Elisabeth
Or, you know, he doesn't have premium access and can't see your rates.
I prefer texting I'm a pro at it
You went way further than most do. When I compose a text, I assume that if I don't word it right, I'm not gonna hear back.
Simple solution.... take your phone number out of your ads and showcase... make the guys contact you via email, PM, or P411.... or put up with it and consider it the cost of doing business... just sayin.
  • motor
  • 10-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Simple solution.... take your phone number out of your ads and showcase... make the guys contact you via email, PM, or P411.... or put up with it and consider it the cost of doing business... just sayin. Originally Posted by flboy65
Better solution would be for him to read the rest of her ad or showcase. If he got her number from it.
  • Twain
  • 10-15-2011, 10:47 AM
It must be a younger generation thing. I don't think my sons know how to use the voice function of their phones.

They even have their own language that doesn't translate into speech.

Better solution would be for him to read the rest of her ad or showcase. If he got her number from it. Originally Posted by motorload
Most won't. I'll admit that I don't read every line before I "reach out and touch someone". Maybe I should, but like most guys (I think) I scan for what I'm looking for and can sometimes miss a few of the details if they aren't where I expect them to be.

I assume that if a means of contact is made available, I'm free to contact in that manner. There are so many contradictory statements made in women's ads, I'm not sure I wouldn't go the unintended way even if there were instructions to the contrary.

I think the prior advice to delete the phone number from public view is the right answer, and give out that information only after she has screened the client.
I know for me, personally.... I will not communicate rates via text... hence.. LE could be on the other end of the line.. I always whether receive a call or text.. say... "please log into your account and send me a pm... from your handle and everything can be answered thru it". Most guys ... if they are legit and seasoned hobbyist.. do NOT mind doing this.. for they understand the process. The ones that don't (hence again.. LE and newbies) need to be schooled.. that rates are not discussed via phone... or thru text. If you dont' have a handle... I personally will not see you. I personally wish that Eccie wouldn't allow guys without proper handles to even see my contact info. This would eliminate TROLLS lurking.. to cause trouble... and/or new guys...that don't have any clue on what to do to set appointment.

Girls, please be careful when communicating rates over the phone or text. If your rates are listed.. but they aren't premium... NO you're rates cannot be seen. But, why would you even want to see someone without a handle on here or p4.. and possibly more than not... WITHOUT REFERENCES. Taking a big chance seeing anyone new... and without a handle on here. Make them join the sites. Make them go thru p4... if they are serious about hobbying... they will. If they are trolls... or a guy looking for trouble... they more than likely won't.

Let's keep the gentleman here that are serious and that are respectful to OUR process... Happy.

They have paid their dues... and memberships. Let's show them the respect they have shown us.

Everyone else that just pops on for the look... and the time wasting phone calls... Make them do the same.

But, I still, going back to the statement above... wish that NON MEMBERS could not get my contact info.

To all my TRUE hobby guys.... Thank you. Love lovin on ya and continue to HOBBY SAFE.

Amber Rain
Kandy
I noticed you list special for P411 members but don't state special details. I also noted that general location info is not listed. Might these things missing in your showcase cause some people to bother you with requests for info?
Hmmm, maybe guys should read. If the ad says no texting. Why text her anyway. Why take the chance of being not answered. You do have a point, why post the number anyway?. Some ladies like to do business by phone.

Simple solution.... take your phone number out of your ads and showcase... make the guys contact you via email, PM, or P411.... or put up with it and consider it the cost of doing business... just sayin. Originally Posted by flboy65

Plus +1

Better solution would be for him to read the rest of her ad or showcase. If he got her number from it. Originally Posted by motorload

Pretty much, im not caught up on text talk, I do not know what people are saying half the time.

It must be a younger generation thing. I don't think my sons know how to use the voice function of their phones.

They even have their own language that doesn't translate into speech.

Originally Posted by Twain

If the information is out there, I do not understand why someone would ask what the rate is anyway. But it happens. Confuses me.

Okay so someone with PA cannot see the rates? Well that puts them in a pickle. What all can they see then. Pictures?, maybe an email address.

I know for me, personally.... I will not communicate rates via text... hence.. LE could be on the other end of the line.. I always whether receive a call or text.. say... "please log into your account and send me a pm... from your handle and everything can be answered thru it". Most guys ... if they are legit and seasoned hobbyist.. do NOT mind doing this.. for they understand the process. The ones that don't (hence again.. LE and newbies) need to be schooled.. that rates are not discussed via phone... or thru text. If you dont' have a handle... I personally will not see you. I personally wish that Eccie wouldn't allow guys without proper handles to even see my contact info. This would eliminate TROLLS lurking.. to cause trouble... and/or new guys...that don't have any clue on what to do to set appointment.

Girls, please be careful when communicating rates over the phone or text. If your rates are listed.. but they aren't premium... NO you're rates cannot be seen. But, why would you even want to see someone without a handle on here or p4.. and possibly more than not... WITHOUT REFERENCES. Taking a big chance seeing anyone new... and without a handle on here. Make them join the sites. Make them go thru p4... if they are serious about hobbying... they will. If they are trolls... or a guy looking for trouble... they more than likely won't.

Let's keep the gentleman here that are serious and that are respectful to OUR process... Happy.

They have paid their dues... and memberships. Let's show them the respect they have shown us.

Everyone else that just pops on for the look... and the time wasting phone calls... Make them do the same.

But, I still, going back to the statement above... wish that NON MEMBERS could not get my contact info.

To all my TRUE hobby guys.... Thank you. Love lovin on ya and continue to HOBBY SAFE.

Amber Rain Originally Posted by Amber Rain
Lisa, as pointed out many times, for a lot of girls the info is not "out there". In your showcase it only shows to premium access members. So a huge group of potential clients have a choice of either asking or finding another lady.

And, while I understand the desire for safety, you also do not know who is on the other end of a call, a PM or even a P411 request. Not really. There is not any guarantee the guy you think made that call or sent that PM is really who you think it is.
Lisa, as pointed out many times, for a lot of girls the info is not "out there". In your showcase it only shows to premium access members. So a huge group of potential clients have a choice of either asking or finding another lady.

And, while I understand the desire for safety, you also do not know who is on the other end of a call, a PM or even a P411 request. Not really. There is not any guarantee the guy you think made that call or sent that PM is really who you think it is. Originally Posted by Fort Worth Punk

I do totally believe that statement by Fort Worth... he is so right.
That's why after any references is given by a hobbyist... ask him to verify the provider's residence....
ex... What conversation did they have to spark HER memory of him...
Did he get a coke?
Did he bring wine?
Did he spill a glass of something on a rug?

And then when calling the provider.. use that info.. but be vague to make sure she remembers HIM exactly.
Ask her.. "Well, he said.. that he brought you something... what was it?

Make Her say.. "Yes, he brought me a coke or wine"
"He spilled his glass on my rug."

Just be sure that the actual provider remembers him.. and make sure he is who he says he is... that he is really the handle that he pm'd you from.

Example... One of my reviewers... him and I had a great time.. a while back... I received a call on a recent tour to Houston that I was doing. Caller said he was that particular reviewer. Me not knowing if it was or not... I said... (jokingly) "Hey, remember that time I was in the bathroom.. and something scared me... What was it?" The caller couldn't "remember" and hung up. I called the reviewer who the caller stated he was... and asked if he had tried to get ahold of me... he said "NO"... scary but so true. So with the access that Eccie allows NON MEMBERS to have to our info... anyone can look at your showcase and see a name... call you up ... and act like them... and by the time they arrive to session for you to figure out... it's not them.. it will be too late.

Screen screen screen... ask questions. Most serious hobbyist will oblidge and understand... and MOST will appreciate your safety precautions.