Negative Perceptions!

People perceive things how they want to perceive things....

Don't always assume the worst....

When I made that comment in that other thread I did not think about or realize that he was of that religion.

I just know that when I assume things that is usually what gets me in trouble.
/facepalm

but I am an interested observer, good luck dancing the fine line in this thread, that invoked mod ire in the other thread, without bringing up the same things from that thread that led to this thread.

/thread

seriously though, I would let it go. You cant argue perception. If one person's perceptions is contrary to your own. fine. if more than one, then it's time to reflect on the way you are perceiving the situation yourself unless they are all in cahoots. Especially in text, its incredibly hard to convey your true meaning, and incredibly easy to have it perceived not how you meant it in your head.

imo of course
/facepalm Originally Posted by budman33
+1
People perceive things how they want to perceive things....

Don't always assume the worst....
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30
nice edit, I think your 'calling a certain someone out for fast editing' privileges have been revoked mister now my post will be perceived quite poorly =)
It was something meant to be lite hearted. Turned south real fast and perception was taken way out of what I had intended.
It was something meant to be lite hearted. Turned south real fast and perception was taken way out of what I had intended. Originally Posted by Wyldeman30

Perhaps if you had just said that you meant nothing by it and that if it hurt anyone's feelings, you certainly did not do that intentionally and that if you did hurt any feelings you apologize. That might fly much better that what was posted. Then no one would make any assumptions as to your meaning.

My suggestion is for everyone to step away from this one.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Perhaps if you had just said that you meant nothing by it and that if it hurt anyone's feelings, you certainly did not do that intentionally and that if you did hurt any feelings you apologize. That might fly much better that what was posted. Then no one would make any assumptions as to your meaning.

My suggestion is for everyone to step away from this one.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff Originally Posted by Spacemtn

Personally I don’t think he meant anything by it. My thoughts about this are pretty much the same as spacemts except I would add that if someone asks for a clarification, I would reexamine the statement. Not saying that a person needs to change anything or even clarify what he said. Just take a second look at what you said and see if it can be taken in a way that violates the terms of service.

That also means we should accept an explanation that is given and not continue to assume the worst.