Canadien Civil Rights are NOT American Civil Rights

President Barak Obama once famously complained that our Constitution only defines what Government cannot do.

If you have ever had a similar thought, take a look at Canada. They do not have the explicit right to free speech or aparently the other protections of the First Amendment. Nor do they have Forth Amendment protections against seizure of property. I am not a legal scholor, so I am sure that there are other aspects of the trucker protest that have escaped me.
Canada has a Parliamentary Government.

The Law is what a majority in Parliament can decide on any given day.

Don’t think for one moment Our Government would love to have the same deal…….

Except that pesky Constitution with those Bill of Rights always seems to get in the way.
Canada has a Parliamentary Government.

The Law is what a majority in Parliament can decide on any given day.

Don’t think for one moment Our Government would love to have the same deal…….

Except that pesky Constitution with those Bill of Rights always seems to get in the way. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Our Government and Judicial system ignores the Constitution everyday too.
... They surely DO --- these days. ..

### Salty
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2022, 06:55 AM
... They surely DO --- these days. ..

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
I think prior to the 1860 many slaves would have argued the Constitution was ignored by our Government and Judicial system....not sure why you are limiting it to "these days"
I think prior to the 1860 many slaves would have argued the Constitution was ignored by our Government and Judicial system....not sure why you are limiting it to "these days" Originally Posted by WTF
this is not true. slaves had no rights at that time. after 1870, parts of the constitution were ignored where the former slaves were concerned.
Canadians have the right to get the shit beat out of them and trampled by horses for peaceful protests. Basically all the shit the media pretended Trump did to quell actual violent riots.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2022, 08:04 AM
this is not true. slaves had no rights at that time. after 1870, parts of the constitution were ignored where the former slaves were concerned. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Yes before 1870 there were loads of people in this country that had no rights!

Great point dilbert.

What a great constitution we have here.��
I think prior to the 1860 many slaves would have argued the Constitution was ignored by our Government and Judicial system....not sure why you are limiting it to "these days" Originally Posted by WTF
Well, Yes and No:

Prior to 1860, the Constitution actually recognized the institution of slavery and incorporated it into calculating how many representatives a State could send to Congress. Among other things, the "three fifths compromise" comes to mind.

The Canadien Constitution has few of the protections or enumerated rights found in our Bill of Rights.
Yes before 1870 there were loads of people in this country that had no rights!

Great point dilbert.

What a great constitution we have here.�� Originally Posted by WTF
This is 2022, not 1870.